+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wifi & Screen

Wifi & Screen

Hi all, been lurking on here for a few months after my purchase of the i760.

I've searched but I haven't found anything related to this yet, my apologies if this issue has been addressed. My wifi will disconnect when I toggle off the screen, I've tried a hard reset numerous times, the problem persists. However, this does not happen when the phone is plugged in and charging.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Will

This isn't a bug - it's a feature . When on battery power and you hit the top power button (what I'm assuming you are doing) it shuts down the PDA portion of the phone and Wifi disconnects to save battery power.

There are apps that let you toggle the screen on and off without turning off the PDA (SPB Pocket Plus lets me do this). Basically, if you want to keep the Wifi on and blank the screen you'll need screen toggling or screen locking app or keep the screen on.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Edit: Your solution worked. Thanks a bunch. I guess jivetalk was keeping it the PDA portion active before.

Now, if only I could figure out why the screen is buzzing
    Last edited by wpan87; 05-13-2009 at 10:22 PM.