+ Reply to Thread

AEButton Plus and D-Pad Center Button

Hello all. I just recently discovered AEButton Plus and really like it!! One thing about AEB is that if you want the button to still perform its default action you have to tell AEB to do so. In other words if you want to use the Red Phone button double click to launch IE then single clicking the Red Phone Button will do do nothing unless you tell AEB that single click Red Button = "Press Red Button". Here is my question. I have the center D-Pad button setup for double click = turn on/off wifi, triple click = turn on/off Bluetooth. I can't figure out how to keep the "Long Press" of the D-Pad center to retain its default action which is to bring up a context menu in file explorer (like right click on a PC). AEB has a list of about 50 actions to assign to a button and i'm sure its in there but it must not have an obvious name. Does anyone know which option it would be? Thanks

Anyone? Anyone?

I think it is impossible, because there is no "default action" But there is a "hack" You can "remap" one letter to other one. for example Z->Y. And you can remap for example A -> A. What for?
    When you press shortly "A" key, AEbutton can remap to A and you get "A" on text. This is "default action"
    When you long press "A" key, AEButton can run any program.

But... If you want do this, You must edit config manually.

regards

Mayby I found solution. VJKeyPress can simulate pressing a key, including gren/red button. You can try AEButtons and VJKeyPress together, to achieve your goal. You intend to try? I can help you.