+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Outlook won't sync, contacts & calendar lost!

I've read through the threads and can't find a good solution for my problem, so please help if you know the answer.

i760 with 6.0
    Vista 32-bit
    Office Pro 2007

I set up my partnership, loaded my calendar/contacts, and sync'd the device to the computer. All my contacts and calendars appeared in both. After a week of loading more calendar/contact info, I tried to sync with the computer and everything appeared to work. But when I checked my phone, all the contacts/calendar were gone! I looked on the computer and everything was still there, so I backed it up and then tried to sync again. No luck. I checked the settings and saw that all the Outlook options were greyed out and I couldn't select them. I finally found a thread that recommended using SCANPST.exe to fix my PIM file on the computer. I tried it and then sync'd again and everything worked fine. Crisis averted.

Now, two weeks later, I tried to sync to my computer and it deleted everything from my phone AGAIN! I've looked at the PIM.vol file on my PDA and it is still 375kb, so I know it's not an empty file. Is there a way to fix this or do I have to repair my PIM file every single time before I sync?

Will upgrading to 6.1 fix this problem? I hate to do it because the device is working perfectly fine otherwise and I'm not in the mood for a hard reset.

OK, I ran the SCANPST.EXE and allowed it to repair the file. Then I deleted my partnership, disconnected the phone, and restarted the computer. Then I established a new partnership and it allowed me to sync with Outlook again.

My confusion is why I have to do this EVERY time?!? Doesn't anyone know of a permanent solution? Will upgrading to 6.1 fix this?