+ Reply to Thread

Question Voice Recorder SDHC patch problem with SD card

Hi.

I downloaded the .cab patch that allows the i760 to read and the larger SDHC cards. I have a 4gig card in mine now and it sees it and the capacity is correct.

The annoying issue I have is with voice recording. The voice recorder always starts and then stops exactly 1 second after pressing record. This happens the first time only. So every time I want to record a voice memo (which I do dozens of times a day) I have to wait for the glitch recording to finish (Which takes several seconds to process) and then start again. I end up with dozens of little useless one second files all over my recording folder. This glitch does not occur if the card is not in there.

Does anyone know any steps I could try? This problem is persistent and time consuming.

Thanks,
    Aaron.

I'd suggest trying to upgrade to the latest version of the OS, which has native support for SDHC cards. This could also fix any number of other problems.

Beware it's a hassle and you will have to restore all your data afterwards.

Thanks.

You say it's a hassle? Do you know of any threads here that detail which version it is and what the said hazards people have encountered may be?

-Thanks,
    Aaron.

There are a number of WM 6.1 threads stickied at the top of the forum. They detail problems and there is also an installation guide available.

The biggest hassle I'm aware of is that the install process will always stall halfway through. Restart it and it will pick up where it left off.

It's not a revolutionary upgrade but it's worth having. Native PDF and SDHC support, improved Bluetooth, threaded SMS, the ability to search folders on an Exchange server, etc.

Thanks. Appreciated.