+ Reply to Thread

EVDO vs. EVDO Rev. A speed

I know this is a i760 forum, and we don't have Rev. A, but I figured you guys would have an opinion anyway. For normal internet browsing, is there a noticeable difference between EVDO and EVDO Rev. A? I don't really have any complaints about the EVDO on my i760, but my NE2 is coming up soon, and I'm trying to make a decision about whether to keep the i760 until something something I really want comes out, or just get the Saga.

Thanks!

On a device with a fast enough processor to render the pages, or when tethering, yes, there is a noticeable difference although not as noticeable as the difference between 1X and EVDO. Even if the the i760 was Rev a capable, I don't think you would notice much difference. When I had one, I could barely tell the difference between 1X and EVDO and WIFI because the processor just could not keep up with the data speed when rendering pages anyway.

Alan

So do you think I'd notice much of a difference between the internet on the i760 and the Saga?

Pretty Good Member
    There's a modest speed bump for downloading stuff in Rev A, maybe 25%, which isn't that noticable. Where Rev A is significantly faster, something like 10x faster, is in uploading material. Think large email attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromboy84 View Post
    So do you think I'd notice much of a difference between the internet on the i760 and the Saga?
    Yes, probably.

Alan