+ Reply to Thread

Wow! My charger almost started a fire...

so i'm about to connect my phone to the charger and when I hold the part that connects to the phone, it was burning hot.
    so I hold it from the wire and examine it and see that the end of the wire part is barely connected to the part that connects to the phone. u can basically see inside of the wire. its the parts inside the wire were sparking, and started to smoke. then it started to flame up but I was able to blow it out. i've unplugged it now and its basically done.

now what am I going to do about a charger?? I talked to a verizon worker last week and he told me the verizon and asurion do not make my phone anymore.
    and I don't want to get a new phone b/c there is nothing nice out now, and my ne2 ends in november
    Last edited by struckmatch; 05-24-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Wait, so are you saying that Verizon doesn't even carry charger for the i760 anymore? If that's the case, I'd definitely complain about that.

If the problem is with the charger, you should have no problems buying a new one. There are plenty places on-line that carry OEM or 3rd party chargers. You may even want to consider a USB charge and sync cable and a universal usb charger for greater flexibility.
    As far as Verizon rep goes, just ignore him/her. The charger is available on Verizon's web site for an obscene $30.
    Last edited by mangust; 05-25-2009 at 07:51 AM.

thanks for the replies guys.
    i had to order one online because when i called verizon stores they said they didnt have them. one employee even asked what my phone looked like b/c he had no idea what the samsung i760 was lol.
    but yea i should hopefully get the charger by wednesday. i'm on my last bar right now