+ Reply to Thread

Can I remove the magnet to force landscape-always?

Hi all,
    I hate how the phone forces you back and forth between landscape and portrait. I read in the forums that there is a magnet somewhere inside that is causing this behavior, and that there is no software hack that can disable it. Since my i760 is out of warranty anyway, can someone tell me where to find this magnet so that I can remove it and always remain in landscape mode?

Thanks!
    - Matt L.

Sounds risky.... heres what I did. I use AE-Button-Plus to mapp a long press of the volume-down button to rotate left and a long press up the volume-up to rotate right.

Thanks marioval, but I am already doing something like that. I am using the awesome MortButtons to give me a thumb-capable interface to launch things, and rotating the screen is one of them.

I just get very annoyed at the delay when it switches from portrait to landscape and back again... I just want it to stay in landscape permanently unless I choose to change it.

I'm not worried about the risk - I've taken a couple phones apart before, and my warranty is expired anyway so I don't have much to lose...

Here's some pics of the phone with the back cover off if that helps

Samsung I760 Exposed
    Last edited by marioval; 05-29-2009 at 10:36 AM.