+ Reply to Thread

WM 6.0 or WM 6.1?

Hello,
    I bought a phone from ebay. It will be arriving tommorow. I have read extensively on these forums about this phone, and am already loving it.

My phone will be basically used for lots of phone calls, and sms messages. I read on here that WM 6.1 has issues with sms's. That it doesnt display it and stuff like that.

I was wondering it will be equipped with WM 6.0, should I upgrade or not?

Thanks

I don't mind the upgrade. What it does is sometimes someone will send a text to you but the phone wont always wake up and tell you. So speratically during the day I open (wake up?) my phone to see if I have any new texts. Not a big deal. But overall I love this phone. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fannatick View Post
    I don't mind the upgrade. What it does is sometimes someone will send a text to you but the phone wont always wake up and tell you. So speratically during the day I open (wake up?) my phone to see if I have any new texts. Not a big deal. But overall I love this phone. Good luck.
    I guess that is a small issue for you, but that is BIG issue for me if I dont recieve my TXT's. I also read that the sms app needs to be open in the background and that has solved the issue. Is this true?

RWC
    Member Vast Right Wing Conspiracy RWC's Avatar
    i never experienced that with sms on the 760 w/ the 6.1 upgrade. Overall, i was very happy w/ the 6.1 versus the 6.0 in terms of stability and responsiveness.

Ok I will see how a like 6.0, but I can revert back if need be right?

also i see some register hacks that I really like and think that will help my phone, is this risky? can I lose my phone by doing this?

i just got a new i760 with 6.1. the messaging is flawless, its keeps a conversation open like an iphone, i love it. the only thing i really hate about this phone is that i cant get another new one!!!!

I just updated mine to the 6.1 and now it makes a wonderful pda or paper weight....door stop maybe.lol
    phone portion does not work.
    I just ordered a new one on the bay.