+ Reply to Thread

imap gmail and wifi

Hello been lurking a while and couldn't find this answer searching the vast amount of info here. Just got the phone yesterday and have been trying to set up my email. I am using gmail and have it set up for imap. Set up the phone w/the account and am using only the wifi. The phone will recive emails but wont send. It seems to be trying to connect to the network ?

disregard, I did a soft rest (I think) and it works now

Don't know if you're still having any issues, but here is a fix that worked for me and could help others. Please post the link to any previous threads here that might already discuss this. I couldn't find any.

Fixes known bug in the WM where after time you eventually can't send mail:
    Windows Mobile 6.1 SMTP error - The Official Fix

OK I ran the microsoft fix that you suggested and things are working fairly well. But I still am haveing 2 issues, first is that it frequently cannot connect to the incoming server and it prompts me to check my settings, so I do and they are all correct so I don't change a thing and I try again and it will go through. Second I only get mail from the inbox and cannot access anything I have moved to my folders?

were these a problem before the fix? I haven't come across those issues and I am using the default imap settings for gmail. I would try to delete your mail account and set it up again. Maybe its necessary for the fix. I did not have to do that though. GMail's how-to's and trouble shooting sections are always very helpful to me. just a thought, make sure any folders you want to access are enabled. from the mail screen>menu>tools> manage folders. some folders are already selected for you.