+ Reply to Thread

Wifi with Data block, help please

I got a data block on my phone, with wifi connected i launch internet explorer and i get a popup message that says "cannon connect, cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap settings." what settings do i need so that my internet explorer and other programs use wifi and dont try to use data through verizon?

When you have the data block from Verizon you cant get picture messages. I had a similar problem. I couldnt figure it out and I knew it was somethign I changed. I just did a hard reset and it worked fine.
    -George

tanaka.mupinga.... im sure you did check that your wifi was enabled and connected right?

i got it working today im not sure what i did. I have another question. Whenever i turn my phone on the wifi radio is off. and i have to turn it on manually. Is there anyway i can set it to turn on when the phone turns on?

Why would you want to do that? You'll burn the battery up way quicker. Maybe someone else can answer your question fully on how you would do that if you really want to.

I agree with "Nathan of the air" But I think you can accomplish that with third party apps like Phone Alarm or SPB Phone suite.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Yes you can do it with SPB Phone suite by modifying the phone profiles, not sure why you would want to though.

cs1

same problem as tanaka!

Hi!

I have the same prob as tanaka, except I couldn't get mine to work, and dont want to do a hard reset b/c then i lose all my contacts and pictures. I keep getting this dumb popup asking for my password and username etc every time I try to use wifi and cant make it go away
    can anyone help?? I wonder if this is due to have windows mobile 6.0 and not 6.1?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgesBlazah View Post
    When you have the data block from Verizon you cant get picture messages. I had a similar problem. I couldnt figure it out and I knew it was somethign I changed. I just did a hard reset and it worked fine.