+ Reply to Thread

SCH-i760 i760 MetroPCS Metro PCS

Hi,
    I just got my i760 connected to MetroPCS network right now I only have text and talk. I'm trying to get the web to work but I have not look.

Here's what I'm doing....

I installed the QPST, through that I was able to configure the NAM and load the PRL, but even though I'm able to load the M. IP and the Data connection settings the phone is not connecting, everytime I try to connect it says invalid username or password....

If I reboot the phone and read the configuration again, I see the Verizon configuration again, so seems that the phone is reconfiguring every soft reset.

I'll apreciate any help.....

HowardForums.com would have more info on this, luckly I knew of a great unlocking store who assisted me in getting mine done and turned on..

I'm sure if ya wanted to pay them 40 bucks and send in the phone through mail they would possibly do it for you, I'd think.. But they're locally for me..

Try craigslist....

Look on craigslist and you can usually find at least a few guys local to you who will add the mms and web for you for some nominal fee.
    "We don't need no stinkin' iphones!!!" I love my Touch Pro 2..... Bleeding edge previous devices include the Samsung i760, dirrrty i730, XV6600, Blackberry 7750, Audiovox Thera, and Ipaq 5550.

If all else fails switch to Page Plus Cellular or heck Sprint now even has a $69.00'er unlimited all in one package/plan..

But Page Plus has the same coverage as Verizon they use their towers, but you do have to pay for data or take the included 20Mb data plan included on the 40 bucks unlimited talk and text plan..

If you're on MetroPCS then switching is not an option.

I could be wrong about this but to the best of what I have been told, once you flash a phone to MetroPCS you can't take it back to Verizon or PagePlus. Besides a lot of the phones that are flashed to MetroPCS have a bad ESN anyway. As such, it would be best if you stuck with Metro and just consulted the guys on craigslist who specialize in programming for web like I said in a earlier post.
    "We don't need no stinkin' iphones!!!" I love my Touch Pro 2..... Bleeding edge previous devices include the Samsung i760, dirrrty i730, XV6600, Blackberry 7750, Audiovox Thera, and Ipaq 5550.