+ Reply to Thread

Question How to get rid of "connecting to: My connection"

Hi everyone. I'm new to the i760, and PDA phones in general. My work pays for the regular phone service and I have WiFi connection at home and work, so I don't have the data plan w/ Verizon. My questions is: How to I get the phone to NOT prompt me every time I am trying to use a browser or checking e-mail. It wants to dial #777 and use the "My connection" to access "Cellular Line". I find it annoying since it's already connected to Wifi. Is there any way to change the settings so that it doesn't do this?
    I've already tried going to: Settings>Connections>Connections>Manage existing Connections> and it won't let me leave the fields blank. I have to enter a value to proceed and click ok. So far, I've just been clicking "dismiss", or "try again."
    I've searched the forum already to no avail to this specific problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

go to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Notification Tab (bottom) > Event = Connection Established > Uncheck "Display Message On Screen"

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    go to Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Notification Tab (bottom) > Event = Connection Established > Uncheck "Display Message On Screen"
    Right on! Looks like it's going to work. Thanks for the help. ...Takes a while to get a feel for what all this thing can do. Really cool. Thanks again.

Nathan

Was wondering the same thing. Thanks for the tip.
    LG VX5200 lol -> i730 terrible -> i760 GREAT!

Works great. Haven't had the anoying screen pop up since I did this. Hope this thread helps others in the same boat not wanting to pay for the data connection. :o)

Quote Originally Posted by nathanthepilot View Post
    Works great. Haven't had the anoying screen pop up since I did this. Hope this thread helps others in the same boat not wanting to pay for the data connection. :o)
    All we did was disable the notification. Just because the notification doesnt pop-up, doesnt mean it doesnt connect. It still can, and you will still be charged for it if you do not have the plan/package.

The way I completely disabled it was:

Start > Settings > Connections > Connections > Manage Existing Connections > Edit > Next

You will get to the screen with #777 in the box. I simply erase a 7, so it says #77, and then save my settings. That way it is impossible to connect without knowing.

I hated it when people would send me picture messages because sometimes I wouldnt know it for hours, and it would be connected that whole time.