+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Official Rumor/Release thread for the Samsung Omnia II

***REVISED 9/15/09***

Still very questionable if the Louvre will ever make it to American soil so I'm settling for the next best thing... The Samsung Omnia II I8000 which is due to be released in early October (unofficially).

Like I say... I've been so happy with my I760, but it's just time for me. I like having a new phone every 2 years or so - keeps me young

TP2 looks good, but as a I-730 then I-760 owner I feel like I KNOW what I'm getting with the Samsung. Also, the I-Phone is out of the question mostly because ofhaving to repurchase so many new apps and loosing the purposefulness of all the ones I've bought in the past.

NE2 right around teh corner. The I760 has been a peach, but I like something new every once in a while to keep my blood flowing. If they bring this stateside and Verizon doesn't kill it, then I'm going for it! Had my eye on the TP2, but some of the features of the "Louvre" (codename) pushed me to this one.

Gizmodo - Samsung 'Louvre' Is the Omnia Pro - Samsung Omnia Pro
    Last edited by CurtisZZZ; 09-15-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Change of direction...
    CurtisZZZ

Wow, you are right. If/when that comes out, that will be my next phone. Great find.

I LIKE IT!!!! now if we can get verizon to not to cripple it. It has every thing I think I want.

It said a 3.5 mm stereo jack. Is that a standard jack or another special one.

lENNY

3.5 is standard. i type a lot on my phone. i couldnt go to a touch screen keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by montana22 View Post
    3.5 is standard. i type a lot on my phone. i couldnt go to a touch screen keyboard.
    It has a slide out keyboard like the I760.

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 - live first look

here is a Video showing some of the features.

Now Die And Be Silent

Red face

Please Verizon pick up this phone so I can upgrade. I heard AT&T has first dibs!!!

mine...mine..mine.mine.mine......mine

Comparison of the TP2 and the Omnia Pro 2

Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 vs HTC Touch Pro 2

Interesting study. Leaves off a few important points however.

Tell me what you think?
    CurtisZZZ

Great find Curtis... this will be my exact selection dilemma and I've been reading about both of them too. One thing they left out was build quality... Granted they were just comparing specs, but if past history is any indication the Samsungs have had better build quality IMHO. Which one to choose may boil down to which carriers pick them up... and this point in the fray I'm leaning toward the Omnia...

Here's another youtube video of the Omnia Pro with a view of some of the apps and stuff...you even get to see an error message in this one:
    YouTube - Samsung Omnia Pro
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 06-17-2009 at 10:20 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    Great find Curtis... this will be my exact selection dilemma and I've been reading about both of them too. One thing they left out was build quality... Granted they were just comparing specs, but if past history is any indication the Samsungs have had better build quality IMHO. Which one to choose may boil down to which carriers pick them up... and this point in the fray I'm leaning toward the Omnia...

Here's another youtube video of the Omnia Pro with a view of some of the apps and stuff...you even get to see an error message in this one:
    YouTube - Samsung Omnia Pro
    Mark
    I'm with you all the way on quality Mark. I've had a few phones over the years and the Samsungs have been the best built of them all. Thanks for the cudos in PDAPhoneHome. I've lurked here for years, but that's my first cudo
    CurtisZZZ

I've been to the samsung site and looked for a press release on the B7610 and couldn't find one. I would think they would put it out with the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by montana22 View Post
    +1

No keyboard = No Sale for me.

its the front buttons/dpad that have me hooked, im on my second i760 now

If the I760 was new right now, it would be the phone I buy. It has all the features I want.

My only complaint at this point is that Microsoft needs to improve their WM OS. Why on earth do I have to install third party programs to do things a phone should do. I install Photo Contacts Pro (for ring management/call screening, spb shell or phone, and phone alarm).

At the very least should Microsoft not copy the Phone alarm panel where you can quickly look at your phone and no how many calls/emails/text messages you have?

Dean

Quote Originally Posted by dean2900 View Post
    +1

No keyboard = No Sale for me.
    It has a slide out keyboard. did you look at the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by lwleedy View Post
    It has a slide out keyboard. did you look at the pictures
    MY bad. I thought it was the Omnia VZW currently is selling which does not have slide out keyboard(s).

So is this coming to VZW and when? I do remember seeing pictures of this quite a while back but I had no idea the name.

I personally think the companies should not have multiple Omnia's and differeniate them. I know it must be the Pro that sets it apart from the Omnia.

Dean

I've been checking Samsung's site looking for a press release and haven't found one yet.

Although I wanted a hard numeric keypad on the front I can live without it I think because of the larger screen we get instead.

I like the idea of standard 3.5 mm headphone jack, and mini USB port. I rented a car this week a Kia. It had a 3.5 mm jack and a mini USB port. Standards are Good

I have a question if anybody has seen a posting about it I'd appreciate any feed back.
    1. Will it have a swappable battery

Quote Originally Posted by lwleedy View Post
    I've been checking Samsung's site looking for a press release and haven't found one yet.

Although I wanted a hard numeric keypad on the front I can live without it I think because of the larger screen we get instead.

I like the idea of standard 3.5 mm headphone jack, and mini USB port. I rented a car this week a Kia. It had a 3.5 mm jack and a mini USB port. Standards are Good

I have a question if anybody has seen a posting about it I'd appreciate any feed back.
    1. Will it have a swappable battery
    \

I wish there was a standard on every thing especially the USB apapator to the phone.

My Infintii has Bluetooth integrated into the GPS which works well with the phone. It does have voice dialing though the car which is good ebcause I find the Microsfot Voice Dial does not work well. However, the car recognizes voicedials bettter because it has nametags unlike the I-760.

It also has a CompactFlash card reader for music, rips musics from CDS played automatically and stored it on the 10GB hard drive. It only takes about 10 minutes to rip a CD.

The part that I like and dislike is that it comes with a IPOD (not phone) adaptor which keeps it charged and stays in a hidden compartment. It works beautifully as I have alomost one year of non repeatable music (Not all is comercial). I just wish it would come with adaptors for any Music Player as I hated paying $400 for a MP3 player but I wanted to make sure i had virtually unlimited songs.

I think COmpanies like Samsung should try and be more consistent on where they have the USB adaptors. The Saga has it on the side which means there will be no cradle for it. It also seems like the adapators should be the same to reward (and in some cases motivate) people to buy the same phone brand by not requiring them to buy a new car phone charger.

I expect for USB outputs to become standard in cars at some point though but the cell phone companies will get you by making a different connector on the other end of the USB cord that plugs into the phone.

:ets face it, there is nothing fair about cell phone companies. They cripple phones, stick it to you on overages and you have no competition. There really is not that much difference between VZW, Sprint, and ATT. They alol force you into contracts and screw you over.

I do agree that there should be more standards such as bluetooth and USB.

Dean

I am also in the boat looking for a replacement for my i760. I really don't want to switch providers from Verizon, but looking at the phones that are available right now, I just don't see anything that tops the i760 that is available. I got it on release day and I've been thrilled with it.

That being said, I watched the vid for this new Sammy and it looks NICE! I'd so buy it today if it were available. The specs look nice, looks very clean, and it is about to as close as you are going to find as a i760 "replacement" with Verizon. I just don't want to have to wait another six months for a phone like this to be released, if at all. I hate how tight lipped they can be sometimes on these releases.