+ Reply to Thread

Memory card is there, then not there, and so on

My 2gb SanDisk is sometimes recognized and some times it doen't show up under file explorer. it is replaced by a folder called "Storage Card." Sometimes my phone re-recognizes the memory card and names it "Storage Card 2." I don't know how long this has been happening, but I certainly noticed it once I started installing programs on my card. Camera picture storage issues of the past make me think that this is the always been the case. I found this registry edit for PHPUnloadDelay:
    [HKLM\System\StorageManager]
    “PNPUnloadDelay“=dword:8196

[HKLM\System\StorageManager]
    “PNPWaitIODelay“=dword:8196
    which worked for a little while. now i am going to disable sleep to the storage card. hopefully it will not get cranky.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class]
    “DisablePowerManagement“=dword:00000001
    Any battery consequences to this last edit? Anyone else having similar issues. I believe its a memory manufacturer specific issue.
    Fix SD Memory Card Disappearing, Missing Folder or Corrupt in Windows Mobile Device » My Digital Life

I had a similar problem with a "Made in Taiwan" 4GB Kingston. I did the PNP registry hack but it was only about 80% successful, as the card would still disappear on occasion. I finally replaced it about a month ago with another 4GB Kingston, but the "Made in Japan" one. The Japanese one has been flawless without any registry tricks. If you card is not MIJ, see if you can get a Japanese one. It's really about which factory makes rather than a brand name.

Sometimes when I wake my phone up it will say that I inserted a memory card and ask me to save stuff thre or whatever. Could this be related? It is a SD card and i have had it for a couple years now. I thought it was just my phone acting up.
    -George

I think that's the case, Georges. Sounds just like my problem and the others I have read about.
    Mangust, thanks for the advice. that's what I have been seeing around the web. I'll have to wait for a good deal and get a MIJ card. Is 4gb the largest the phone supports without any hacks?

8 GB San Disk is what I have, works no-problem.

sweet. I could hold some serious tunage. I'll have to luck for one that is what it says it is and made in japan. I think there's a huge counterfeit market for memory cards.

Quote Originally Posted by LSU2010 View Post
    sweet. I could hold some serious tunage. I'll have to luck for one that is what it says it is and made in japan. I think there's a huge counterfeit market for memory cards.
    I bought this one from Microcenter. I guess I am lucky to have Microcenter nearby. I actually went to the store to ensure that what I am getting is MIJ. Kingstons are sold in see through packaging so it was easy to verify, and all of them were Japanese made. My Taiwanese Kingston was bought at Newegg.

Quote Originally Posted by LSU2010 View Post
    I think that's the case, Georges. Sounds just like my problem and the others I have read about.
    Mangust, thanks for the advice. that's what I have been seeing around the web. I'll have to wait for a good deal and get a MIJ card. Is 4gb the largest the phone supports without any hacks?
    I hear that the Windows Mobile 6.1 update supports SDHC cards.
    LG VX5200 lol -> i730 terrible -> i760 GREAT!