+ Reply to Thread

Question from a non-phone savvy person who is considering purchase

Does this phone have automatically require a numeric password after a few minutes of non-use? I a) don't want my friends and family going through my phone, and b) am trying to deter potential phone theives.

You can set it that way. Think of it as a mini-windows computer. Just like windows, it can be simple and a pain.....

Another thing that can help against theives, is that the i760 also has remote wipe.
    LG VX5200 lol -> i730 terrible -> i760 GREAT!

Thanks

Thank you for your quick answers. I wasn't getting anywhere asking the people selling the phones.

You can have the phone ask for a password when it turns on and when you wake it up out of standby mode.

I used to have it so it would ask for a password when it came back from standby. Started to be a pain...

Clueless Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by samsungi760guy View Post
    Another thing that can help against theives, is that the i760 also has remote wipe.
    can you please expand on this statement? I know there are apps that will do this, but your comment suggests this is a built-in feature.

thanks

Its my understanding that the remote wipe feature works only if your connected to an exchange server. It's not a feature of the phone per se, but of the WinMo OS when using exchange active sync. That's off the top of my head but I would have to look it up to be sure.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

MGuzzy is correct. Remote wipe is a feature of Windows Mobile when configured with Outlook sych via Exchange Server. The wipe is initiated on the Exchange server and sent out via the network to the device, which then wipes the data on the phone.