+ Reply to Thread

Verizon Wireless Sync and gmail

I have Verizon Wireless Sync set up to pull email from a gmail account. The issue that I am having is that it doesn't reflect on the gmail account when the email is read on the phone. It appears that it is set up as a POP account through Verzion Wireless Sync instead of a IMAP account. Is there any way to change this. Verizon technical support was no help at all. I set up an additional email account on the phone and it seems to work fine with the IMAP settings however I was hoping to use Wireless Sync for the push option instead of it only checking every 15 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

You can setup gmail as an imap account on your phone but you have to "trick" it initially. Setup a new imap account, use a fake email address that does not have "@gmail.com" in it, all other settings can be the correct settings. Then after it is setup, go back and correct the email address.

I have set up an additional account that works, I was hoping to get it to work with the wireless sync account that I had initially set up.