+ Reply to Thread

Verizon out of I760's sending me touch Pro

My i760 refurb that verzion sent me a couple of weeks ago is already crapping out. I called for another and they told me they are completely out of the i760s and will have to send me a new Touch Pro as replacement. I was kind of excited at first as I like new gadgets, but the more I think about it, I really like my i760.

I would like feedback, would it be worth it to just sell my Touch Pro and buy a used i760? Or is the touch pro better? I don't know if I can get used to a device with no buttons. I'm just a huge fan of one-hand cell phone use. Constantly using two hands to do simple tasks sound somewhat daunting to me right now.

The nice thing about the TP is how much you can mod it. Go look around the TP forum and you will see what I mean. Worldwide geek support I am on i760 replacement #4 and so far its OK, but i'll make the jump to the TP till some of the new phones come out (Omnia Pro look promising).

Pretty Good Member
    I still miss all the involved things I could do one-handed on my Sammy with AEButton+, but the TP is a significantly better phone in several respects, especially GPS and VGA. For more details, you may be interested in this thread:
    Should I switch to Touch Pro from Sammy i760

Do you have to pay for a data plan now?

They must have got more in b/c i am getting a replacement.....im located on the east coast.

I actually would have liked to try an HTC device b/c my contract is up and i am waiting till next year to get one of the new phones coming at that time.
    Last edited by rutger14; 07-04-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Fortunately I do not have to be on the dataplan since I was "grandfathered" in. I have a sweet 5mb package that I use strictly for email. It's sweet and I never go over. Well, sometimes I do if I start using google maps, but over all. 5mb is plenty for emailing.

So far the phone is ok, I really miss my buttons that I had programmed with a/e button plus. I'm researching how to flash the rom and put 6.5 on it. That part is neat as I love dinking around with that stuff.

What 5MB plan do you have?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Yea most Verizon reps are in shock when they see it. It was a promotion that lasted like a month from a few years ago that was attached to my HTC 6600-Buy a smart phone and get 5mb/month free for life. The only problem is that I've been stuck on America's choice for an awful long time. It still go back to do the math and debate if it's worth and it still is.

Man I tried to get on the plan and they juked it from me... Oh well I'll wait out another one.. I got a 1500 min/mo plan for 39.99... another promotion they had for two weeks and I've not seen it since.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.