+ Reply to Thread

Free Shazam-Like app for pocket pc?

Is there an app, preferably free, that works like shazam on the iphone. For those who don't know, you run the app, hold your phone up to the radio, and the app will tell you what song is playing. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Is there an app, preferably free, that works like shazam on the iphone. For those who don't know, you run the app, hold your phone up to the radio, and the app will tell you what song is playing. Thanks
    Actually, Shazam is available for Windows Mobile. I don't recall where I downloaded it, either PPCGeeks or XDA-Forums.

Alan

edit: removed offer to send file as it is apparently not free
    Last edited by alanb; 07-09-2009 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanb View Post
    Actually, Shazam is available for Windows Mobile. I don't recall where I downloaded it, either PPCGeeks or XDA-Forums.

Alan
    Found the link:

MusicID - identify that song on the radio using your phone ( VGA and QVGA Touchscreen version ) | Download Pocket PC Freeware and Windows Mobile 6.5 Software

but the company says that it is not freeware, so it can no longer be downloaded from there.

Alan

Verizon has a 3 digit number you dial and do that, have had it for years. Free as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by cgonzgo View Post
    Verizon has a 3 digit number you dial and do that, have had it for years. Free as far as I know.
    I just did a Google search and couldn't find anything of the sort. I found a Shazam service where dialing 2580 will identify a song but its a monthly pay service.

Dial 2580 from Your Mobile Phone to Identify a Song - MyThings Tips and Tricks

I also found that Vcast enabled phones have this feature with a free download but our phones are not Vcast enabled.

Identify Music with Verizon's V CAST Song ID - The service identifies the song and lets users purchase a matching full-track song, ringtone or ringback tone - Softpedia

And this new article just posted today:

Midomi MusicID comes to Samsung’s Windows Mobile phones | Download Pocket PC Freeware and Windows Mobile 6.5 Software

Doesn't help the i760, but if you upgrade after it is released... Maybe someone will backport it.

Alan

Makes sense, come to think of it, everyone that I know using that has an LG phone.... Sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I just did a Google search and couldn't find anything of the sort. I found a Shazam service where dialing 2580 will identify a song but its a monthly pay service.

Dial 2580 from Your Mobile Phone to Identify a Song - MyThings Tips and Tricks

I also found that Vcast enabled phones have this feature with a free download but our phones are not Vcast enabled.

Identify Music with Verizon's V CAST Song ID - The service identifies the song and lets users purchase a matching full-track song, ringtone or ringback tone - Softpedia