+ Reply to Thread

Samsung Saga reviews?

ive had the i760 for 2 years so its time for an upgrade. seems like the saga is the only choice for a new touchscreen phone with real keys. any reviews here? if there is nothing positive, ill keep my i760 (which i still love) until something even better comes along.

One of the pluses of the Saga is that the newest Verizon update unlocks the GPS for use with 3rd party apps so no need for a separate Bluetooth unit. I personally feel the screen is too small but I do like that the Dpad is a touchpad like what you see on a laptop.

My contract was up in june, personally im waiting for something better to come out. I waited with my 730 for a while till the 760 came out, so i am content on waiting for a better phone.

Right now vzw doesnt have anything interesting. the Touch pro 2 should be out sometime soon, but then again im waiting till next year when VZW maybe gets the Pre or *gasp* iphone(tons of rumors)

Until then my 760 still works.

Just a thought, if you go to the Saga page on this website, it seems most people are unhappy with their Saga especially since the most recent verizon update...... I must say I hated the HTC Ozone when I first started reading about but it's growing on me. No touch screen and kinda ugly but the price is right, GPS in unlocked and if you do a Google search the GPS appearently works great and locks onto satellites fast. Also the screen looks small at first glance but it is actually the same size as the i760's when in landscape.

Verizon HTC Ozone

I've been looking around for a new phone since my contract is up for renewal since July and today I accidently took a swim in the ocean with my i760 in my pocket.

Went to Verizon but there are no good PDAphones out so I ended up calling in for a claim. $50 for a new i760!