+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset & Headphone Jack?

Hi All,

I'm a relatively new owner of an i760 and I have a quirky issue that I can't seem to work out.

I want to be able to use Media Player with a wired FM transmitter in my car plugged into the headphone jack AND be able to answer calls with my bluetooth headset. The headset is a Samsung WEP200 and the FM transmitter is an older Belkin model.

When doing so, I can answer incoming calls with the button on the headset, but cannot speak into nor hear anything through the headset until I unplug the headphone jack.

I'm also interested in a Bluetooth transmitter/speakerphone setup for the car and would appreciate any recommendations anyone has.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Tom

I'm not 100% sure but I think having anything plugged into the headphone jack will disable the bluetooth headset so when a call comes in you will have to unplug the cable from the headphone jack then answer your call. Also because of the known bluetooth issue on these phones you may have to go back into your bluetooth devices settings in the wireless manager and put the check mark back on the "handsfree" box for your headset before it will work. After you have done all this your caller would have hung up already or you would have probably crashed into a tree....... You best bet may be to buy a car stereo that has bluetooth with A2DP, that way you can answer calls and listen to your phones music with higher quality than a FM Transmitter. I recommend the Sony MEX-BT2500.

Sony MEX-BT2500 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Yes anything plugged into the headset will override a bluetooth... I don't think there is a setting for changing the precedence. You can also get an adapter that has a mic.. check out this thread:
    Stereo Headphone Adapter
    that way you can use the mic to receive calls while its plugged into your FM transceiver. I've seen them as cheap as 10 bux.
    The other way is to go all bluetooth devices as Marioval suggests.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.