+ Reply to Thread

i760 locks for first 2 rings

I just got the last i760 from Assurion insurance so those of you with insurance who hope to get a replacement i760 they will offer you the audiovox 6800 (toy) or the i770 (palmlike) as a replacement...

Anyhow this phone seems to be ok except when receiving a call. The screen says "incoming call" and the bluetooth beeps but there is no ring tone and it does not respond to any keypresses for at least the first 2 rings that the caller hears. On the 3rd ring it starts to make noise and will let me answer. I've missed many calls because of this as it boes to voicemail in 2 instead of 4 rings now.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a way I can flash the phone with newer firmware (if necessary) and/o any other suggestions? I can do a hard reset if necessary. There's not much new stuff on it yet.

Thanks!

Incoming Call Problems

Quote Originally Posted by jglazer View Post
    ...when receiving a call. The screen says "incoming call" and the bluetooth beeps but there is no ring tone and it does not respond to any keypresses for at least the first 2 rings that the caller hears. On the 3rd ring it starts to make noise and will let me answer. I've missed many calls because of this as it boes to voicemail in 2 instead of 4 rings now.
    @jglazer
    I have a bit of a different problem, but it may be related. I'll start with my knee-jerk idea for your problem first.

1: Does this only happen when you use your bluetooth? Do you have the keylock on? Anyway, I think you can set the phone to auto-answer when a handsfree device is connected. That should be a solid workaround, but then you wind up answering every call that comes in... you could always just hang up on people that suck.

2: As for me, I almost never use bluetooth or handsfree, just cause I'm hip like that. However, when I have the keylock on, I have to press the "answer" (green hardkey, not the left softkey) on my i760 rapidly and repeatedly otherwise I miss the call. Its not really an issue for me, since I only keylock when I'm in my car. But its kind of related / similar to your issue, which makes me think that leaving the keys unlocked on your i760, while using bluetooth, would probably get rid of this problem without having to use autoanswer.

Hope that helps.
    I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob.

Do you have photos linked to your contacts and are they stored on the SD card? If so, try moving the photos to local memory and linking those. Just a guess but it may help.

Nope. Haven't had a chance to get that far.

I'd start with a hard reset since it's a new phone, then *228 to reprogram.

I have this problem also. I think it may be some kind of hardware issue, but I don't really know.

A couple of months ago, I dropped my old i760 once too often and destroyed the screen. It had never had this problem in the year + I had used it. When the replacement came, I loaded it up from an spb backup from the old phone. The new one has the problem.

It is very annoying.

Ideas anyone?

David

Well glad to hear I am not the only one. I wonder if a call to samsung is in order. Just for fun ... here is the relavent info from my about screen:

Windows Mobile 6.1
    CE OS 5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0)
    Processor: ARM920T S3CC2442
    Memory: 54.45MB

Anyone have anything different?

Quote Originally Posted by jglazer View Post
    Well glad to hear I am not the only one. I wonder if a call to samsung is in order. Just for fun ... here is the relavent info from my about screen:

Windows Mobile 6.1
    CE OS 5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0)
    Processor: ARM920T S3CC2442
    Memory: 54.45MB

Anyone have anything different?
    Mine is the same.

David

strange. Same issue here. If I am watching the phone it will light up then maybe show "unknown caller" for 5+ seconds then finally will show caller and ring maybe for 5 secs and "miss call". I think its even getting worse because today it didn't ring as far as I can tell for 3 calls.

I just replaced mine from asurion as well. I figured it was because I recoved my phone backup to another phone. (spb backup as well) I am about to hard reset the phone and install fresh instead of backup recovery. I did a hard reset before I recovered my backup originally.

FYI, The apps I use that run all the time :
    WiseBar Lite
    PhoneAlarm
    PocketBreeze

The only time my i760 does this is when I am using a ring tone that is stored on my SD Card. If I move the ringtone to the device storage, the issue goes away.

Hope this helps.

In support of other comments, I had a number of issues when I moved to 6.1 related to slow responses. I moved everything to run from main memory instead of SD card and haven't had any issues since.

I haven't been able to prove it, but I think something in 6.1 handles the card interaction differently.

My 760 has always been this way. Still at WinMo 6.0 tho (probably should yupgrade to 6.1 one of these days). Interestingly enough however, the BT earpiece DOES start ringing immediately ... two rings before the actual phone does.

After nearly 2 years, I'm just used to it. <shrug>

pat----

Well I recovered from a backup off a phone that was configured exactly like the replacement (same version and from a fresh hard reset) . The ringers were on the phone memory but other apps (non important) and some other things were on the storage card. No problems at all with that set up.

Eitherway, rebuilding from a hard reset ground up seems to have cleared the problem. About the only thing I didn't reinstall was the backup program ... since if I have to rebuild it to get it to work whats the point ...