+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Posts
    135

    Assurion insurance no longer has i760

    I just got the last i760 from Assurion insurance so those of you with insurance who hope to get a replacement i760 they will offer you the audiovox 6800 (toy) or the i770 (palmlike) as a replacement...

    Just an FYI

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-15-2009
    Posts
    1
    Thank god I got my replacement in the mail 2 days ago!

  3. #3
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    Ooo this actually a good thing. It means you can tell them ..Oh this or that isn't an equivalent replacement (have some good reasons) and say I want an ___ (fill in the blank, Onmia, TouchPro....). This is how you get an upgrade for an insurance replacement. Done it twice in the past few years!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-05-2006
    Posts
    24
    they still have some. I took my broken phone into verizon on 8-13-09 and they filed an assurion claim for me and i was sent another refurb i760. this is my 6th i760. hopefully by the time i break this one they really will be out.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-05-2006
    Posts
    24
    Well it took me 4 days to find something wrong with my 6th refurb phone (when in landscape d-pad right doesn’t work) so I can complain and get different phone. I would appreciate if anyone make a claim they could post what phone they got offered and tried to get. Thanks.

    MGruzzy, what phone would you try and get. Also what are some good reasons for not wanting the i770 or 6800?

  6. #6
    Cornfused MGuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-27-2003
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,810
    No "r" in the Guz...heh heh..
    Are these assurion replacements or Vzw warranty replacements. I think they are supposed to give you a new phone after three...
    Um I'm not big on the i770, I like all the screen real estate I can get. Here's some comparison pics
    Samsung i770 Gets Leaked - Specs, reviews and prices.
    And the thumb board is not by personal preference, but that just me and how I like to use my phone. The 6800 is yesterdays technology, older than the i760! but you can mod the hell out of it with all the cooked ROMs from XDA web site. If I were forced into getting a new phone I would probably get an Omnia i900 or a HTC Touch pro from their current offerings. As far as what's comming down the pike.. there's the Omnia Pro Louvre, but I don't think it will make it to the states and the Touch Pro2 should be out soon. check out the TouchPro1 forum for info on that..
    Hope that helps
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-14-2007
    Posts
    5

    Exclamation They still have "remanufactured" replacements

    I know that they send you a brand new replacement if it is lost (maybe they are out of those), but if it is broken, they send you a remanufactured replacement. I just filed a claim last night (8-25-09) for a broken LCD screen and Asuri*n is sending me a "remanufactured" replacement.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2006
    Posts
    72
    so why didnt u just say it was lost instead?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    12-14-2007
    Posts
    5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by daverose808 View Post
    so why didnt u just say it was lost instead?
    EHHH..I guess I could have...but my NE2 is up and I figured I will keep using the i-760 until the TP2 or the Omnia II come out. Then this phone will be my back up. Plus Karma is a MoFo!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2006
    Posts
    72
    im hesitant about both of those bc they dont have keys on the front, which i love about the i760 (makes making sightless calls so much easier). seems like the only option is the saga?!
    Last edited by daverose808; 08-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-26-2008
    Posts
    29
    Is there a limit to how many times you can have your phone replaced? I just got a small crack in my 760 screen, but it's still fully functional. I've had to file with Assurion 2 times so far, this will be the third. As soon as the TP2 is released to verizon I plan on upgrading though. Trying to decide if it's worth it to replace my 760, or wait for the TP2.

    Also, Does anyone have experience with the Touch Pro? I'm wondering if I should "loose" my 760, is the Touch pro an upgrade? I've read alot of reviews on the phone where people are not happy with it. It sure would be cool to have GPS though.
    Last edited by Mike5150; 08-29-2009 at 02:25 PM.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-22-2006
    Posts
    72
    thats 50 bucks to replace a small crack. seems especially not worth it if u are upgrading it soon.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Posts
    135
    You can use assurion insurance up to twice in a 12 month period. But no guarantee on availability?

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-22-2001
    Location
    California
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    No "r" in the Guz...heh heh..
    Are these assurion replacements or Vzw warranty replacements. I think they are supposed to give you a new phone after three...
    Um I'm not big on the i770, I like all the screen real estate I can get. Here's some comparison pics
    Samsung i770 Gets Leaked - Specs, reviews and prices.
    And the thumb board is not by personal preference, but that just me and how I like to use my phone. The 6800 is yesterdays technology, older than the i760! but you can mod the hell out of it with all the cooked ROMs from XDA web site. If I were forced into getting a new phone I would probably get an Omnia i900 or a HTC Touch pro from their current offerings. As far as what's comming down the pike.. there's the Omnia Pro Louvre, but I don't think it will make it to the states and the Touch Pro2 should be out soon. check out the TouchPro1 forum for info on that..
    Hope that helps
    Mark
    the touch pro is horrible and so is the omnia. had both. stay away. the only decent wm phone left is the i770 but now that samsung/vzw updated the rom it is virtually unuseable once upgraded and it cant be downgraded once its been updated and vzw has updated its entire stock. i am shocked at how bad samsung's qc has become. if u dont believe me check the forum and the comments on vzw for any of the phones i have mentioned.
    i760, Every Samsung Windows Mobile device prior to it. PDA user since HP95. Gadget junkie as a diversion.

  15. #15
    I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Join Date
    08-18-2008
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by binxwalker View Post
    the touch pro is horrible and so is the omnia. had both. stay away. the only decent wm phone left is the i770 but now that samsung/vzw updated the rom it is virtually unuseable once upgraded and it cant be downgraded once its been updated and vzw has updated its entire stock. i am shocked at how bad samsung's qc has become. if u dont believe me check the forum and the comments on vzw for any of the phones i have mentioned.
    Not sure why you think the Omnia is horrible but I have had one for 6 months and I love mine.

    I noticed the people who don't like the Omnia either don't know anything about cooked roms and they just want it to be perfect right out of the box.

    I'm using Blazingwolfs 1.4 rom and loaded tons of software on it. Stuck a 16gb microSD for a total of 24GB of storage. My Omnia blows my old but still nice i760 away in almost every aspect except data entry (slide out KB always wins in that depart).

    A much smaller form factor and built in GPS makes the Omnia a no brainer for complete functional use.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-26-2008
    Posts
    29
    Omnia is no good for me. I can't stand the on screen Keyboard. My wife has the Omnia, and I cant stand using it. Otherwise it's an exceptional phone. I loaded Blazingwolfs most recent 6.5 ROM with Magic Shell, and it's really impressive. I just can't get past the onscreen keyboard, it takes up too much of the screen. Are there any decent cooked ROM's for the Touch Pro if I wind up getting that as a replacement?

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-23-2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycarl View Post
    I noticed the people who don't like the Omnia either don't know anything about cooked roms and they just want it to be perfect right out of the box.
    Wow how stupid can people be, expecting products to work and work well when they come from the manufacturer. I didn't realize that Samsung and VZW were selling phones in kit form now. Maybe Heathkit can get into the smartphone biz.

    Seriously, modding phones is fine if that is your thing but a phone should be good and usable in stock form with or without some add-on programs.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-05-2006
    Posts
    24
    My latest replacement came from Verizon not Asurion cuz it was covered by the manufacturers warranty. I saw in another post today that Asurion was offering the HTC touch pro as a replacement for someones i760.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-23-2009
    Posts
    22
    Just got a 760 from Assurion yesterday. Was kind of hoping they would offer something newer but they have 760s in stock again.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-13-2006
    Posts
    135
    I called friday and they didn't have any. I got them to send me the HTC touch pro instead. Still tryng to decide if I'm happy about that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts