+ Reply to Thread

What's next from Verizon in PDA phone?

If you have been on the Verizon site in the past week you have noticed that all the PDA phones are on sale with deep discounts. The HTC is now under a $100 with NE2 discount. I take this as a sign that they are about to release new some new phones. Am I right? Anyone heard any rumors? VZ needs to do something to continue to please their PDA users.

Touch Pro2 is the most likely.

Omnia Pro II would be a much better phone. I don't understand why it will not be released in the states. VZ has got to do something to compete with the iphone. Looks the Omnia Pro II could do that and the new LCD screen would be great. The Touch Pro2 is too slow and not enough memory. Just more of the same.

Joey
    Yep, that's usually a sign. The prices drop, the phones are about a year or two old, "while supply lasts" notations on the website. There are a lot of rumor threads going on here, about the Omnia B7610 here in the i760 forum, the next gen Omnia in that forum, and there is already a TP2 forum setup with no lack of conjecturing over there... I think vzw is putting all there ducks in the TP2 basket when it comes to a biz class PDA phone with a physical keyboard... all the rest seem to have onscreen keyboards. From what I've seen the B7610-Louvre would be my choice but there are no current plans to bring it to the US... I think the next best fit will be the TP2.
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 08-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

wants Android phone with WiFi and physical keyboard
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I've been slobbering over the Omnia PRO for a while, but it doesn't seem like it's going to make it to the states soon, if ever. I'm going to go with the Omnia II I800. It has most of the same features, but no pull out keyboard.

Lately I've been playing with some IPhones and some Voyagers and realize I think I could get used to the on screen typing. It is much more advanced than it was just a few years ago.

Anyway, Verizon is likely to release the I8000 soon and when they do I'm jumping.
    CurtisZZZ