+ Reply to Thread
    Clueless Noob

Samsung Desktop Cradle

Can any of you i760 users confirm whether the Samsung desktop cradle ADCH691DBE (like the one shown here) can be used for "synching" the phone or is it only for charging?

I have tried mine with about 3-4 different cables and none of them will synch the device. I am simply wondering if there is something I am not doing properly.

Thanks

Yes

This is the cradle I have been using at work for almost two years now. Yes - it does both charging and syncing using two separate cables.

However, I'm not 100% certain what you are attempting - do you have a charge-and-sync cable and are trying to use that? I doubt that would work. If not, are you using the cradle with the wall charger plugged into it - as well as plugging in the sync cable? This is how I have always used it, so if you are trying it without the wall charger I would suggest giving that a shot. If neither of those are true, and you are indeed using the wall charger and a normal sync cable, have you tried using the sync cable directly into the phone just to confirm that the cable (or computer) is not the issue?

Clueless Noob
    Ah...it is the extra cable I am missing. Can you point me toward
    this additional cable? (I have the ones that are the same size as the bottom connection on the phone - both wall and USB)

Hmm - the cradle usually comes with the cable - it isn't much use without it. I'm not sure if anyone would offer it separately... I don't see any identifying marks on it either. If you look at the pictures here you can see what it looks like:

Samsung i760 Desktop Cradle Original (OEM) ADCH691DBEBSTD - Specifically made for the Samsung i760: ExtremePDA

There is a "TS" on the connector end that plugs into the cradle. The other end just has Samsung and USB logos. There is some lettering on the cable itself "e232407" but usually that is just identifying the original cable that Samsung bought and slapped the connectors on to make this cable. I couldn't find anything in Google using that number.

If you can think of anything else I can check, let me know...

The cable looks like a standard mini USB connector... the other cable is the power charger that came with the phone. I don't think you need to have the charger plugged into to sync the phone. I assume you can sync with your sync cable (the one that comes with the phone doesn't charge!). It could be the cradle has a bad connector.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.