+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Please help a noob!

Hey everyone. I just got my i760 today. (Buh-bye, enV Touch!)

I need to install WM 6.1 on it, and I've gone through the help threads here and on Samsung's website.

I have Vista, installed the Mobile Device Center, and downloaded the 6.1 update program. Every time I start the updater, it fails after I click "Accept" and tells me to sync my phone with the Mobile Device Center, which I already did.

I really want to get my phone up and running with 6.1, so can you guys please help me? Thank you!!!!!!!

And now my phone won't connect to my computer at all!
    I haven't changed any settings, but it doesn't even play the "connected device" tone in Windows even though my phone is plugged in.

Please, please, please help!!!!!!!
    THANK YOU!!!!!

Not be a pain, but so you did refer to the Stickies up above especially -

WM 6.1 for i760 Officially Released--FAQs & General Info
    WM 6.1--Install Problems
    WM 6.1--Install Problems

Just want to be sure. I've no experience with Vista and my upgrade went perfect under XP. If nobody has an answer for you you may want to consider doing it on a friends XP machine? Just a thought if all else fails.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Quote Originally Posted by luca_bras1 View Post
    Not be a pain, but so you did refer to the Stickies up above especially -

WM 6.1 for i760 Officially Released--FAQs & General Info
    WM 6.1--Install Problems
    WM 6.1--Install Problems

Just want to be sure. I've no experience with Vista and my upgrade went perfect under XP. If nobody has an answer for you you may want to consider doing it on a friends XP machine? Just a thought if all else fails.
    Thanks. Yes, I did check out the stickies. I am going to try my laptop I guess, although it's also Vista.
    I got it to connect to my PC again, though. I restarted both machines. Is there a trick or something to get AOL to work with Outlook on the i760??

Alright, I got it working. It installed using my laptop.

Is it possible to make the Today screen look like the regular 6.1 screen? With the new menu system thing? (blocks?)