+ Reply to Thread

Screen Alignment Registry Settings

Can someone who screen is properly aligned post the valuse of teh following registry key?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]

Also, does anyone have a breakdown of the values? Ican't get my screen quite aligned and want to tweak teh settings.

Thanks

Dedicated WINCE\PPC\WM FAN!
    Is this a common occurrence? I've been noticing my I760's screen alignment has been off for months now and no matter how often I go through the screen calibration it will not complete.

I'd gotten mine replaced from Asurion, and now have the issue reoccurring on the replacement. I was thinking it may be one of the app I have loaded causing the issue.

I'm curious to find out if there's a registry key to fix this as well.

I notice if I have FtouchFlo running the screen allignment is usually slighty off.

I found these settings in a different thread and they worked ok.

502,648 219,992 779,1000 762,268 215,276

I then changed the The MaxCalError to 10 and reran the alignment. Alignment worked that time. But the screen was not very accurate, I then looked at the registry value for the calibration and noticed most of the values were close to above, but a few were way of. I changed those and my accuracy is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I notice if I have FtouchFlo running the screen allignment is usually slighty off.
    Yeah, I had to kill FTouchFlo to get through the screen alignment process. With FTouchFlo running, the screen alignment app would freeze up.

Quote Originally Posted by scnickle View Post
    I found these settings in a different thread and they worked ok.

502,648 219,992 779,1000 762,268 215,276

I then changed the The MaxCalError to 10 and reran the alignment. Alignment worked that time. But the screen was not very accurate, I then looked at the registry value for the calibration and noticed most of the values were close to above, but a few were way of. I changed those and my accuracy is pretty good.
    Beware of the settings scnickle reported. They threw my I760 way off. touchscreen is now unusable. Click on the left side of the screen and somewhere on the right is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by JRWilliams308 View Post
    Beware of the settings scnickle reported. They threw my I760 way off. touchscreen is now unusable. Click on the left side of the screen and somewhere on the right is selected.
    Yeah same here, luckily I exported my settings before I made the change so I just imported them back.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Yeah same here, luckily I exported my settings before I made the change so I just imported them back.
    I'm doing a restore of my registry with SPB Backup. couldn't figure out how to export the registry key with memmaid.

I use Resco File Explorer for all my registry needs, Total commander is also a good free option...... It would be nice if some with perfect allignment could post their values....

Those settings came from this thread:

A little help

They worked ok for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scnickle View Post
    Those settings came from this thread:

A little help

They worked ok for me.
    Maybe it worked for you because you have an i730, not an i760?

I haven't been able to align my i760 screen for months. The alignment tool just gets stuck in an endless loop. Can't wait for the Touch Pro 2 to come out so I can dump this POS! (I actually really like the i760, but mine is on it's last legs big-time!)

How do I get to the registry area to enter these values?

I've just received a replacement i760 to address this screen alignment issue. This is now my 3rd or 4th.

I'm posting the registry key value from the replacement, which currently works perfectly and will update after I've tested on my existing i760 as to whether it resolved the issue.

489,636 219,996 766,1024 761,288 226,288

Update, these settings did not resolve the issue. Didn't get much worse... but wasn't optimal at all.
    Last edited by JRWilliams308; 10-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.

is there any guidance to what these numbers mean?

single set, 4 double sets, single set.

if we knew how these numbers matched the screen, we could adjust the settings ourselves via what out own individual i760 is tracking at. like my Left, right, and bottom touch points are right on, but my top value is off. if i could just adjust that value myself, that would perfect.

just thought id ask, if anyone has any insight on this, becuase the 2 posts that have values and my personal settings are really quite close.....