+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1x Only

1x Only

I live in a area where the cell signal is pretty low, and my phone because of this constantly switches between 1x and EVDO. This is killing my battery life. I have looked around for a way to force the phone into 1x only mode for quiet a while, but found nothing that would work for the i760. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

If I understand you correctly, you can "turn off" the EVDO by changing its entry in the connection mgr, changing the password or number that it dials ... or delete it. That will keep it from connecting to EVDO. I changed the number (took out one of the "7"s) and if I ever need to reconnect I edit the connection setting back to default. Hope that helps.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I think he's asking to force 1X only because EVDO is killing his battery but I think the opposite is true. 1X is probably killing the battery.

I think so too... that's why I was a little confused.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Well even if its 1x that's doing it, I still kind of just want it to be in a 1x only type of mode. On most LG phones you can go in the programming menu and change it so it will only use and display 1x, I want to do the same thing. I have the password deleted, so it cannot go onto EVDO unless I enter it.

Thanks