+ Reply to Thread

Notification apps

I am looking for an app that will give me an audible notification when I have unread sms,mms,email,voicemail,missedcall. I am looking it to include these features:

*repeat notifications at user specified intervals
    *Ability to set a timeout so notifications will eventually stop
    *Ability to set hours which the notifications will NOT sound (overnight)
    *Ability to still get audible notification even when volume is off.

Both ReRemind and MSentinel will do all of the above except for sounds while the volume is off. I tried the trial of phoneAlarm and I know a lot of people love it but it was just way to bloated for me. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Well MSentinel can blink my blue LED when the sound is off so I guess thats good enough.

I'm using SPB Phone suite... I'm currently running v1.2 build1409 because I liked the Today notifications icons better than the next version. I haven't tried the most recent version. I had used Phone Alarm with a custom Today plugin for awhile, but it was way more than I needed. The whole reason I started using it was for the same reasonas you, I needed an audible notification that I missed a call or text.
    Sounds like you're on a Today screen customization mission. You'll have to post a screenshot when you get it to your liking.

Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 08-27-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Not really a mission, i'm just picky. Here is a screenshot if anyone cares: I am also running Taskfacade, the best task switcher ever!! Also FTouchSL, huge improvement over FTouchFlo, great kinetic scrolling as well as active corners.

Ok, it looks like you guys are way more advanced in modifying your phones than I am, all I want is it to beep every 10 minutes or so when I have an unchecked voice mail message... is there a simple app that doesn't change everything but does that?

Nevermind, went back to OP and see two apps there, will look into those.

ReRemind and Msentinel turned out to both be duds for me. I don't remember which was which because it's been a while but one didn't work most of the time and the other brought my battery from 100% to 25% in a matter of hours. I also tried spb phone suite and even though there are options set to repeat notifications every 5 minutes they just don't. phonealarm seems to work but I don't want to pay. I have just given up on repeat notifications completely.