+ Reply to Thread

SkyCaddie like program?

I searched for an answer, but didn't find anything. I was curious if it was possible to use the 760 like a SkyCaddie. Anyone had any luck.

I also have a few other issues/questions if anyone reads this and wants to help out.

I bought a refurb off the ebay and so far it has been great. I did a hard reset, successfully loaded WM6.1 (thanks to all the info on here), and have been playing around with the settings... etc for WiFi and data charges... etc.

I can't seem to find out how I can set WiFi to be more like a default. I don't want to use the broadband for anything. I think I have it tweaked pretty well, but I bet I am missing something to make it perfect. Right now I have the broadband dial-up set to dial #77 so it can't connect. And I tried using check every 5 minutes for e-mail (wifi), but the phone goes to sleep and turns off wifi temporarily so that didn't work well. No problem I just figure I will check manually when I first connect. I guess I am just curious as to how others have theirs set-up (I read in one thread someone has it set to check e-mails upon WiFi connect), I didn't see an option for that.

I was also curious if MMS messages are "stored". Since i changes the number to #77 and it can't connect.... will MMS messages sent to me be stored or "X" amount of days until I choose to change the number back to connect to #777..... and is it possible to check/recieve MMS messages using the WiFi connection. And finally is there a way for sure to know if you have an MMS message waiting.

Thanks for anyone to help with the latter stuff (or the SkyCaddie) question. I just didn't want to make a bright shiny new thread with some of my other issues. I searched and couldn't find the exact answers and just figured I would throw them in here if anyone may stumble upon them and have an answer.

Well crap.... I just checked my usage and it is showing some data:

08/29/2009 2:14 AM PAY-AS-YOU-GO-KB $0.015 0.38 KB
    08/29/2009 7:00 PM PAY-AS-YOU-GO-KB $0.015 0.38 KB
    08/29/2009 7:10 PM PAY-AS-YOU-GO-KB $0.015 0.38 KB
    08/29/2009 11:01 PM PAY-AS-YOU-GO-KB $0.015 5.65 KB

I am pretty sure the little .38 are MMS messages that will likely be taken off as I have read that the system can tell and you usually don't get dinged for those. The bottom 5.65 worries me. I think that was just a lame e-mail that came through as I was testing my WiFi. It only said TEST in the e-mail. ha

I don't see how that is 5.65, but I think a MMS message came through at the same time. Is there a way to tell my e-mail to ONLY connect when I am on WiFi. So far I haven't found that option.

No response so far....... but if someone in here is actually reading this:

I would like to know how to sent multiple recipients for a text message. IE... I want to send the same message to friend A, B, and C.... and as of now I can't figure out how to do it without going back and forth from the message to "add receipt" for each individual person. That is a LOT of extra cliks... hopefully someone has an answer to this one at least