+ Reply to Thread

Conspriracy Theory?

I just wanted to throw this out there. I am not a conspiracy nut by any means, but I find this ironic. When I had my i730 and was coming up on my NE2 date the phone seemed to be more and more problematic with slowdowns and lockups etc. I had to do numerous reboots and hard resets. I then switched to the i760 when it hit the market. Now my NE2 is here and this phone has suddenly went to junk. It locks up, requires reboots, is slow etc. My software has not changed. This phone was fast and reliable when I bought it. Here is the conspiracy part.... could VZ be making these phone act this way to encourage new purchases? It just seems odd that this has happened twice.

Well, I suppose they could do something like that but I doubt it.

Besides, you do know that practically all products are designed to fail about 2 days after the warranty expires, right? That's a universal constant!

-Max
    General Aviation is not the stepchild of modern aviation, it is it's father.

You are so correct!

Mine did the exact same thing! 2 days after I became eligible for NE2, my i760 took a swim in the ocean!!

Not all who wander are lost Thayer's Avatar
    my guess is that it is one year not two that they are designed to fail. I usually have to get a replacement each year for my phone. My NE2 just got here and all the sudden my wait icon blinks randomly. so frustrating. Im gonna wait till dec when the contract expires.....iphone here I come.
    Everything I needed to know in life I learned from an internet forum.

There's no money in the hardware so how does this help Verizon?

There is plenty in accessories. They make money on you buying new phones. That gets people into the stores or on the phone. Every contact is a sales opportunity. A great way to get the customer to contact you, instead having to chase the customer.