+ Reply to Thread

Temporarily blocking dial-up internet connection

I still have the pay-by-the-KB option. I hardly ever use it, but it is nice knowing that I can access the net on my phone if I really need to.

That said, once in awhile I accidentally logon and the charges are ridiculous. I know Verizon can block internet at their end, but I dont' really want to do that. I normally only use Wi-Fi, which I have to turn on and off manually. I'd like to be able to do the same thing with data connections through Verizon.

A long time ago I read a post about how a user could block Verizon's dial-up data connection by changing a number. But I don't remember where I read it, or exactly how it is done. I recall that it wasn't as easy as turning Wi-Fi on and off, but it would prevent an accidental charge.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

start, settings, connections, connections, manage existing ISP connections, edit, then change #777 to something else. I just deleted a "7" and use #77. That way if I want to connect I know I just need to add the "7" back

check out a little app called NODATA. it allows you to turn the dial up connection on and off as easy the wifi. New FREE Utility - NoData - WinMo @ MoDaCo