+ Reply to Thread

Final Verdict on 6gb SD/SDHC?

So I'm looking to get a microsd to store all the programs and music that I would like. However, they are only making micro sdhc for 6gb and up. I have a 6.1 I760 and is it compatible with the 6gb sdhc, or no?
    Also, besides newegg, any good places to get a class 6 sd card?

Quote Originally Posted by MBLOVA View Post
    So I'm looking to get a microsd to store all the programs and music that I would like. However, they are only making micro sdhc for 6gb and up. I have a 6.1 I760 and is it compatible with the 6gb sdhc, or no?
    Also, besides newegg, any good places to get a class 6 sd card?
    I don't know about 6Gig, but I am running an 8gig in mine and it works great.
    Downhills and tailwinds, 73

And I have a 16gb in mine - also working just fine. Newegg is one of the best places to get tech gear, but you might keep an eye on BensBargains.net - they keep a good list of all sorts of deals from various sites...

I have an i760 booting with WM 6.1 showing in About as Windows:
    CE 0S:5.2.19202 (Build 19202.1.0.0)

Settings Version
    S/w Version
    PDA: S:i760.07 VBJ10.19202

H/W Version H:i760.07 V.Q

I installed the patch to allow for a 4G microSD. Can I reinstall the Windows Mobile 6.1 sdhc driver and allow it to read larger than 4G sdhc cards? Does anyone know how to do that? I'm using Kingston micro sdhc cards.

Thanks
    Last edited by merkfritz; 10-05-2009 at 07:51 AM. Reason: add more information

Windows Mobile 6.1 does not require the sdhc cab to see sdhc cards, it is only necessary if you are still running Windows Mobile 6.0.
    Si totus alius deficio, lascivio mortuus.

I have tried an 8G Kingston micro sdhc cards and it doesn't even see a card.

Quote Originally Posted by merkfritz View Post
    I have an i760 booting with WM 6.1 showing in
    I installed the patch to allow for a 4G microSD. Can I reinstall the Windows Mobile 6.1 sdhc driver and allow it to read larger than 4G sdhc cards? Does anyone know how to do that? I'm using Kingston micro sdhc cards.
    merkfritz, what patch did you install? I have the same version of everything as you and did not need any patch to get my 4GB microSDHC card to work...

I have an 8 Gb Sandisk SDHC card that works fine under Win Mo 6.1 with no patches needed.

merkfritz, you applied a patch to the phone that wasn't necessary. I imagine the patch messed up your 6.1 phone. Have you tried uninstalling it? A hard reset may be required.