+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Data session logon attempts every 60 seconds - How do I stop it!

Last week my phone started to attempt to logon (to something) every 1 minute and it requires that I cancel it since it can't connect. In August I told verizon to stop any dial-up data sessions and I don't have the password saved so the phone fails when the logon is attempted. Needless to say this is a pain since the logon screen pops up whatever I am doing. It even attempts the dial-up data session even though I am hooked up to wifi.

I have checked all the programs I could find to see if they are set to connect automatically and found none. I removed my SD card where most of my programs are installed without any change.

When I am connected by USB the dial-up data attempt does not pop-up but does immeditately when I unplug.

I run the task manager and wait for the dial-up attempt but the connection window comes up but no program shows up in the task manager.

Is there anyway to find out which program is trying to connect? Could this be a virus? HOW CAN I STOP THIS!

It must be a program you have installed on your PDA.. what do you have loaded? Also did you try running the task manager to see what programs are is running when it tries to connect?
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

AE Button Plus, DivX videos, Hava Mobile, Google Maps, Spb Mobile Shell, Outlook, Mobile Office. I have searched those and found where I have disabled autoconnect or could not find any connection settings. Also the other programs built into the ROM but this all started last Friday.

I run task manager and wait until the connection attempt but don't see any program listed other than task manager. Task manager does use about 3% when the connection attempts. Processes do run. How can I end a process?

SPB mobile shell will attempt to connect to update the weather info. What version of SPB MS are you using. not sure about the others, DIVX and hava mobile.
    Mark

The weather update is off as well as others. I just terminated obigosvr and it seems to do the trick. I also removed it from startup. I wonder what obigosvr is supposed to do. I couldn't find ANYTHING on the web about its function.

I couldn't find any hits for obigosvr either... are you sure you didn't mean obigosvc? I recall having to kill that from starting up as well when I first got my i760. I can't remember what I found it to be associated with. I was trying out so much stuff on my "new" i760 to see what worked...
    Mark