+ Reply to Thread

Forwarding a specific number

I've done an exhaustive search and can't come up with anything. Does anyone know of a way to forward a specific incoming number to another number?

I installed the Fusion VM+ app yesterday and would like to forward my office phone to my cell phone so that all of the VM ends up in the same place. I have no problem forwarding to my cell as I do that often when I'm out of the office. The problem is, I would like my office phone to ring a specific number of times (so I can answer if I'm there), forward to my cell and have the call immediately forwarded to voicemail so that callers don't have to sit through 10-12 rings to leave a message. I have Verizon. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Incidentally, I know that I could forward calls from my office phone to the Fusion VM+ number, but it is long distance. In addition to that being an unecessary expense, we have to put a code in to dial long distance and it appears that our handsets have been disabled from inserting pauses into an outgoing number.

Although I'm not certain if it would specifically do exactly what you want and I'd assume there are paid options this sounds like just the sort of thing you might be able to do with Google Voice. This would require you to change your phone number (that people call), but this way you can have 1 voice mail to rule them all and have it ring different places till it finds you. Just a thought.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Thanks, but I need to avoid changing phone numbers. I thought there might be an app or something that could do it.

Just one more idea I had was a service I always heard Leo Laporte support which was GotVMail, is now called Grasshoper. It's a service where it looks like you could keep your current number and have it forward to your cell and collect the voicemail in one place.

Again, not an i760 centric solution, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Virtual Phone System, Toll Free Numbers and Voicemail – Grasshopper
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I ported my office number to Vonage which has a feature called Simultaneous Ring. My cell and office number ring at the same time. If I don't pickup either, it rolls to vmail on the cell phone.

However, I cannot recommend this as there's a certain danger that Vonage will close up shop without warning, as it is financially shaky. If you are comfortable with VOIP, look into other providers. If Comcast had that feature, I'd move to their Triple Play as I have their cable and broadband now.