+ Reply to Thread

Screen wont allign anymore

I've noticed lately that my screen taps are ending up not really where I clicked and I can no longer click anything along the top (taskbar) or bottom (menubar) at all. I did a hard reset and alligned but the same thing so I know its not any software doing it. I fired up the Notes app and traced the black line from left and this is what it looks like. Any thoughts? Thanks

Last edited by marioval; 09-21-2009 at 09:24 AM.

had that too, nothing can be done, just the soft screen going (much) softer over time. Only solutions are a) somehow get a new TFT and replace the old one b) get a new phone

I recommend b)

Mine did the same thing. Got it replaced a year ago, under warranty. Then recently it started up again, and has been getting steadily worse the last month or so. I solved it by upgrading to the HTC Touch Pro2. Best $99 investment yet.

I think this soft screen was a good idea gone bad... I've had nothing but issues with it and have run out of warranty replacement options for it. I get the dreaded dark Smudge. I think its caused by pressure on the soft screen (by my case?) that eventually deforms the LCD display... So, I'm waiting to get a new different phone.. so I vote (b) as well.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Well since the phone was less than 1 year old, verizon replaced it so I just got a brand new i760. Now that I have this new one I realize now the screen on the old was always bad since the day I had it. The touch screen on this new one is amazingly responsive and accurrate.