+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Service problem

Service problem

Hello everybody and thanks for the help in advance.

I recently moved to college a week ago. My sch-i760 is getting three and four bars of service compared to one and two bars when i was living at home. However, in the last two days, my phone has not been running well. I am receiving very few text messages and phone calls: people have told me they called/texted me and i have not received these. If i try to make a call, the phone will say "dialing" and most of the time it does not ever connect, and sometimes it gives me the message "Network service is not available. Please try again later." All of this is happening with the phone at four bars of service. I've done some searches for the cause of these errors, but to no avail. Any help with this sudden unfortunate change is greatly appreciated.

Also, I cannot send any text messages. I will try to send one, and either immediately or several hours later i will get the "Message could not be sent. Try again?" message.

Have you updated your PRL since you relocated? Your PRL (preferred Roaming List) tells the phone how to talk to the network in your location. Dial *228 option 2
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 09-26-2009 at 12:11 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

THank you so much, that was driving me crazy lol.

Glad it worked... BTW you can update your PRL anytime you are in a new location. I know many business people that have the number to update their PRL's on speed dial. They hit as they walk off the airplane!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.