+ Reply to Thread

mp3 songs skipping and dropping out

Hello to all forum members:

I would like to know if any Samsung i760 user are experiencing
    mp3 songs skipping and dropping out.

This happens in both Media player and core player.

I have mp3's on my storage card, a (4gb card) that I was able to
    use thanks to a cab posted on a forum.

Questions I have:

Could the skipping be attributed to the speed of the
    MicroSd card, it is most likely a class 2?

Is this a bug with the sdhc cab that allows extra memory?

Are there any better memory hacks, I have seen posts claiming that they can
    utilize 16 gb cards.

My info:

I am running windows mobile 6 and do not wish to upgrade to 6.1 because I have read that it has eliminated the ability to use skype via wifi.

My carrier is Verizon and I use only wifi for data.

I have deleted the broadband profile in my connections profile.

thanks in advance,

Dave

IMO, it's your card. I'm still using WM6 as well with the sdhc hack (4gb A-Data card) and haven't had any issues listening to music. I believe it's a class 6 but am not 100% certain, been a while since I bought it.

Thanks 2ksilverbullet, I wish I could find out how one of the members was able to get a 16gb card running on his i760.

My guess is he was making this up, since no one else has posted this ability or
    verified a method of doing so.

Thanks again,
    Dave

I think with the 6.1 upgrade, you can get into higher capacity cards (4gb+), but I'm not sure what the limit is.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ksilverbullet View Post
    I think with the 6.1 upgrade, you can get into higher capacity cards (4gb+), but I'm not sure what the limit is.
    I am running WM 6.1 with a 16 GB (class 2) card. To get it to work, you just stick it in the slot -- nothing special is required.

I also experience the music drop outs. They are more like pauses -- I do not actually lose any music. I had attributed them to another process taking a big chunk of processesor power or a load from the card to buffer more music. But I do not know the real cause nor have I been able to correlate the drop outs with anything.

They are a minor annoyance to me.

David

virtualdavid:

I have heard tell that windows 6.1 is incompatable with Skype, do you know anything about this?

I'm trying to figure out if the skipping is due to the speed of the card, since you are using a class 2 maybe a class 4 or 6 would put an end to the skipping.

Thanks again for everyones input.

Dave
    Last edited by evildave1025; 09-28-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evildave1025 View Post
    I have heard tell that windows 6.1 is incompatable with Skype, do you know anything about this?
    I loaded Skype when I had WM 6.0 and it worked fine. I just did not get a lot of use out of it, so I did not reinstall it when I upgraded to 6.1.

I would be surprised if it did not work, as WM 6.1 has been out for a while, but who knows. A couple of programs at first had trouble but were quickly updated and now work fine (if memory serves I had some issues with Pandora that went away with a new version).

David

virtualdavid:

I'm still a little hesitant being that one of the bugs listed about 6.1 on this forum is it's inability to have skype function with it, this combined with google searches that attest to the same result.

thanks Dave