+ Reply to Thread

Disabling or Adjusting Low Power Notifications

Being that the battery life is not stellar and I usually compensate by docking my i760 at work (+ the extra battery is there) - I sometimes get toward the low end of my batteries.

Is there any way to reduce the number of notifications for this or at least limit them to starting when it's much lower. Mine start popping up with about 20% left and keep bugging me. I don't need this feature. There's no essential data I'm going to lose if I run out.

Is there any way either easily or through registry adjustments that I can change these settings or if necessary disable them completely. This is a huge pain for me as I am always aware of my battery's status and to have this pop up and completely interrupt me is something I hate.

Thanks
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

not that I particularly like it... but I believe phone alarm will let you change that.

I agree..... this is a PAIN! I remember searching the registry one time. I didn't know it was possible in PA. I think I have tried it a couple of time and it was overkill, but it might be worth it to be able to configure this.

Okay, yeah good to know I'm not alone. The biggest pain is that I listen to Bluetooth headphones and WM kindly decideds to stop my current track ... pause ... *working* ... then the robot voice comes over my headset "The battery is low" and I always yell in my head "I KNOW!!!".

Found this registry tweak - Windows Mobile 5 Registry Tweaks - MoDaCo (search for Low Battery warning)
    Seems like this is something many people have pointed to, but I couldn't find confirmation that it works.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=261063
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395849

I did this and now the low battery warning is in my Sounds and Notifications menu (where it should be darnit!!) and I've unchecked the sound and visual notifications ... soooo it shouldn't bug me right? Now to see if it actually disabled it. I will let my battery run down and let y'all know.

Unfortunately, nobody (not even the great and terrible wizards of XDA) can figure out how to adjust the % that the warning is triggered by. I'd be happy to keep the warning if I could put it at say 3%.
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 10-05-2009 at 10:40 AM.

ARG!! Didn't work - I'll keep looking.

I mean the standard % is supposedly 10 or maybe 20 but I get the warning at 25-30. So annoying. "The battery is low" grrrr
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 10-05-2009 at 09:39 PM.

I think it worked for me. I got my battery down to 25% yesterday and no warning beeps. I'll try and run it down lower today and tonight.

I wasn't getting any warning beeps, but I was getting the interrupting robot voice over my bluetooth.
    Perhaps I need to disable that elsewhere? I couldn't find the option to disable this in the Voice Command menu.
    *I've disabled Voice Command to see if that sorts it out.
    ** So reg hack plus no more Voice Command means no more interuptions. Still ge a chime at critical power level every couple minutesbut that I don't mind so much.
    Anyone know how to only restrict power notification voice command warning?
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 10-08-2009 at 10:51 PM.