+ Reply to Thread

Question Just got my Samsung SH-i760

Hello,
    This is my first ever windows Mobile device.
    I have previously used a Blackberry storm and Blackberry 8830.

I am pretty good at figuring things out, but there are a couple of things I am still unable to decipher.

1. When the phone turns off after a period of inactivity, is there a way to configure it so that it will turn on when I press any of the keys for example the send button? It is pretty annoying to have to press that small button every time I have to use the phone, other than disabling the option to turn off is there a way around this?

2. I've been looking around for themes for this phone and having a pretty hard time finding any, I would like one where all my icons are on my startup screen rather than the existing one that comes preloaded. One like the Iphone or the Blackberry start screen, it's not that I want a blackberry or a Iphone it's just that I find it more convenient to have these on my desktop.

Thanks!

There are a few applications you can get to change your "Today Screen" such as RLtoday and SPB Mobil Shell 1, 2, & 3 (I have the 3rd and its great). Just search and you'll find everything you need.

You're Question #1 is intriguing and I'd be interested to know if this was possible although I doubt it.

Question #2 as mentioned there are really a bunch of threads on doing just what you are looking for. If you search for iPhone you'll find most of them. There are many many free and paid solutions.

I personally use SPB Pocket Plus which provides finger-friendly program launch icons on my Today Screen (in auto-closing tabs - my preference).

Check out the ones Fannatick mentioned and go from there.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

The only way to wake the device up is that little button on top.... There are literally thousands of Today Screen Plugins available that allow you to customize your today screen (desktop). I recommend going over to

Freeware for Pocket PC. Free Windows Mobile Pocket PC / PPC downloads.

and clicking on "Today" in the menu on the left. There are also entire shell replacements as Fannatik suggested. I myself use SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.5 (I hate version 3) with The Omnia Dark theme. At least today I do, it changes often though.

I also use FtouchSL (FtouchFlo is the free version) which allows me to use scrolling in all windows. And task Facade which allows me to easily switch apps,

[Omnia SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 Theme - xda-developers

Omnia SPB Mobile Shell 2.1.2 Dark Theme

FTouchSL - fundamental change in the way we interact with xDA!

[2007-10-25] FTouchFlo v.1.4.1 HOTFIX - xda-developers
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=345568
    (you'll need to install 1.4 then install 1.4.1 then install ftouchfloconfig)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=420220
    Last edited by marioval; 10-05-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Talking Thanks

Thanks guys, I'll try the suggestions, I'm sure I'll get around these "issues" once I get one of these themes installed and configured to my liking.

With the waking up button, you really just get used to it. It becomes second nature after a short period.

1) Yes to confirm the only way to wake up the phone is the little button. YOu can't map that function to another button... but you can mod the button! I put a little bling sticker on the button. One of those little jewel stickers that the teenie poopers use to decorate their EnVs. That gives it a little bump that makes it easier to find.
    2). what Marivol said... head over to XDA and your head will spin with mods, themes and tweaks! Personally I'm running SPB mobile shell with a theme from XDA to give me the buttons and look I like.

Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.