+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't MMS

Can't MMS

I deleted the broadband network on my phone to make sure I don't get any data charges, and I think this is the reason why I can't send/receive MMS messages. Any other ways to make sure I don't get any charges but still allow me to get pic messages?

No, our phones use the data connection to MMS. I went with he pay-as-you-go and received about 10 pics last month, cost me $2.88.

Alright, can someone tell me how to setup the broadband thing again then . I don't get many pics, so my bill won't be huge......just didn't want it going online if a friend accidentally opened up IE or something.

I'm not sure you can. I did the same thing to disable my connection and lost MMS. I couldn't find a way to re-establish it - except for a hard reset. It requires some password...

You can try. Start/settings/connections/connections/advanced/select networks/
    My ISP/new/name (enter broadband)/cellular line as modem/#777/(user) yourphone#@vzw3g.com/(password) vzw/ finish

You can go back in and remove one of the 7's in the number it dials so it doesn't connect w/o your knowledge, then just put it back in when you want to use mms.
    or I just use my gmail acct and wifi to get around using broadband

RadRacer - if bellboy's suggestion works, please let us know. I didn't know the password was vzw...

Did a hard reset and it still didn't work. Went through bellboys way and I got a text saying to sign up online to view it (friend MMS'in from iPhone). I can see the pic fine online, but I want it sent straight to my phone . any other suggestions?

Hmm - I created a new connection bellboy's way and was able to connect. Maybe that one was sent awhile ago so they stopped trying to deliver it? Have you tried sending or receiving one since you recreated the connection?

Think I found my problem......forgot I had data blocked on my phone . Data is now unblocked (you have to call customer service), but I haven't tried any messages yet. I did *228 and now I only have 1x instead of Ev . I'm seriously thinking about tradin this phone in now