+ Reply to Thread

new to i760 and the forum

I purchased 2 i760s off of e-bay about 2 months ago in anticipation of becoming an VZN customer. I was an Alltel customer and when i learned my area was converting to VZN I knew i had always wanted a PDA phone that didn't' require a data contract and this one seemed to be one of the few that fits the bill.

I only opened one of the boxes because i wanted to make sure i could activate w/ no problems before i opened both of em.

So I tired to activate by internet.... bad news... they want you to buy a data plan... no way to activate w/o one. A simple call to customer services sorted that one out.

Been using the phone for a couple of days.

Biggest problem i had with it is that the clock doesn't show in the start bar like it does on most other PDAs and the home screen clock is HUGE and wastes much space!

I fixed that by finding a registry hack that displayed it on the main screen... works great now.

I went with Ultimate launcher for the "slide" effect like the iphone has. I Use Agenda Fusion for contacts and calendar programs... the main reason i wanted a pda phone.... And i use ScareyBear's Quick Agenda to view my next few days worth of appointments on one of the slider screens of Ultimate Launcher.

Overall i am very happy so far. I wish i had bought a screen protector while i was waiting to activate the phone though. I ordered a BEST SKIN EVER for it yesterday, i love those on my ipod! I had to order a custom one and I'll have to cut it to fit, as they don't sell one specifically for our phone.

It is really a shame that VZN, or any other cellular company for that matter, doesn't see the value in people who want a phone combined with a PDA but DON'T want to pay $30 for some stupid data plan they will never use..... (and if you want data, a free wireless point is never very far away these days)

I am keeping my eyes peeled for tricks and tips in these forums. feel free to make any suggestions or such.

I came from a separate phone, and Axim X50 high, so this is a step backward for me as far as PDAs go, but the convienance of having it integrated with a phone is worth it...... only wish the samsung had the Axim's screen resolution

Anyway, comments welcome..

Theres plenty of info in this forum, just search for anything you need. Also check out the sticky's.

Are you upgraded to WM 6.1?

yes, upgraded before i even used the phone. Only bad thing about that is now i don't have a frame of reference to know if it is better or not..

Pay as you go works good if you don't want to pay the $30 a mo. or wifi of course... Good luck with the phones.

Clueless Noob
    I would recommend the the prepaid plan from PagePlus for $29.95. (1200/1200/50) It uses the same verizon network and gives some data for when you are in a pinch.