+ Reply to Thread

Screen whites out and color theme changes?

While using my SCH-i760 about once or twice a day this happens to my phone:

While this is going on the phone responds about 15 seconds behind any keyboard input, but touch screen input is still instant.

Soft reset solves the issue. Hard reset solves the issue for a day or two before it comes back (Without installing any 3rd party software).

Anyone had this problem before?

And why can't I get a smartphone that works 100%? :/ First the i730, then the 700wx and now my 760.
    Last edited by Tomtheman70; 11-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.

I'm a firm believer that if a hard reset doesnt fix a problem and you truly have not installed or changed ANYTHING after a hard reset then the problem is a defective phone and it needs to be replaced.

Sounds like you may have a memory leak in there somewhere... what programs are running in the background? Al;so there was debate as to whether the Clock you have running on you today screen was fixed. Previous versions had a memory leak.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

The only programs that I have running in the background is text messaging and activesync (Which keeps on popping up no matter how many times I close it in the task manager)

And having a defective phone doesn't really help much as I don't have insurance on it.

Is there a fix for the clock I have? All I know is it's exactly the same way as how I got it, minus Opera Mini, Skyfire, and PGR.

if you have Windows Mobile 6.0, perhaps you could upgrade to 6.1?

The phone is actually running WM 6.1.

Bump...

This problem has been occuring daily since the last update. I want to know if there have been any developments on this or perhaps anyone else that knows anything?

I'm really grasping for straws. It did it 5 times today. Right before it did it one of the times today it said that shell32.exe had crashed and after I hit *send* (I always do even though stupid ass Microsoft doesn't do ANYTHING for us)

I'm thinking about just saying screw it and getting an Android phone... No one cares about us WinMo users anymore.

Also, another unrelated issue, about two weeks ago, the D pad has started acting up for NO reason. When the phone is closed down on the D pad works fine. When the phone is slid open, right on the D Pad (Same button as down when closed) doesn't work. Slide the phone closed and it works again, but slide it up, no worky.
    Last edited by Tomtheman70; 08-03-2010 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtheman70 View Post
    Bump...

This problem has been occuring daily since the last update. I want to know if there have been any developments on this or perhaps anyone else that knows anything?

I'm really grasping for straws. It did it 5 times today. Right before it did it one of the times today it said that shell32.exe had crashed and after I hit *send* (I always do even though stupid ass Microsoft doesn't do ANYTHING for us)

I'm thinking about just saying screw it and getting an Android phone... No one cares about us WinMo users anymore.

Also, another unrelated issue, about two weeks ago, the D pad has started acting up for NO reason. When the phone is closed down on the D pad works fine. When the phone is slid open, right on the D Pad (Same button as down when closed) doesn't work. Slide the phone closed and it works again, but slide it up, no worky.
    your phone is defective, you should've had it replaced.