+ Reply to Thread
    Bad Verizon, No Cookie!

Reflashing i760?

Anyone know how to reflash the stock rom yet?

My i760 hard locked on me and I did a hard reset and now can't install any apps. Seems like either the rom is screwed up or memory took a crap.

I sent it to Samsung and they said it was ok. Yet they don't support third party apps crap to get away with not fixing it. Assurion gave me a proof of purchase after they told me to talk to verizon about a replacement. Verizon told me to talk to assurion since it was a replacement.

I just moved on and got a Touch Pro 2 on the way. I would still like to get this phone working to use as a spare.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless

What message are you getting when you try to install apps? are you sure you did a hard reset, not a soft reset? I don't think there is a way to reflash a phone with the same OS version. The update will check the OS version number and prevent the update from continuing. There was a trick in the i730 days that allowed you to reflash the same version, but I never saw if anyone got it to work on the i760.
    The assurion/Vzw relation is a pain.. I been there. If you get a new in the box (NIB) from Assurion, Verizon is supposed to support it. But because the are two different companies, they are not tied into each others systems so they often point fingers at each other. I can play that game too! ..So I just play the two of them off each other to get what I need. I do know once you switch the phone on your account, Assurion will not insure the old phone. They will only insure the active phone on your account. Been through that one too, when I activated a replacement and tried to get insurance coverage on the broken phone before I called them... I had called VZW first assuming they had some kind of connection, which they don't...
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 11-16-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    Installing Phonealarm or other programs it copies files but seems to get to the end for registry and hard locks.

I soft reset and phone alarm doesn't function right as if nothing was put into registry.

Yea at the time I had the broken i760 on the account. I got fed up and got a used Saga. Now going to Touch Pro 2.

I tried to get assurion to help me but they said since it was still under warranty that Verizon would replace it. I tried to tell Verizon that but no.

Samsung themselves was even less helpful. I talked to a few techs, demanded a level 2 or 3 tech and finally got one. Still incompetent. I hand wrote a note on the repair ticket and threw it in the box.

Not worried about coverage on the old phone. Just like to get it functional again.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless