+ Reply to Thread
    professional skateboarder vx21k's Avatar

text wont make phone ring

for some reason, when i receive texts, my phone doesnt ring or vibrate at all, and i checked the ringer, it is on. it rings when people call me, but when i get texts, it doesnt, and i wind up missing texts or checking them too late. and i also checked the settings, and the receive texts is set up to vibrate and ring at the same time

does anybody have any clue what the problem may be or know of any possible solutions?

This is a known fault of the phone, not sure why it does it. I have the same problem, I know someone sent me a text yet my phone wont wake up and alert me, then I wake up my phone and it pops up as if it just received it.

Does anyone know how to fix/improve this?

For that reason I loaded SPB Phone suite to get text and call reminders.. There are other apps that will do it too, like phone alarm. I also have my Voice Command configured to read the texts as they come in.. That is a nice feature as long as my wife doesn't send me any embarrassing sext messages!
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

well i would rather not spend 20 bucks to make my phone do something it already should do, are there any freeware options to programs similar to this or no?

I agree with you but SPB Phone suite is a really nice program.

it looks like it is, but i really need a solution to this problem because i dont constantly have my phone with me, and when i do i have to resort to checking it every 5 minutes to see if i have any new texts

i tried the trial version, it still doesnt work

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    I would do a *22899. Sounds like for some reason it is a service issue with the phone. I do know for MMS to work right you need to have data signal of some kind. 1x will work for txts but MMS might not unless you have EV signal.

If you just bring the phone out of sleep and it acts as if it just received it ... it may have since it brought the data portion out of a dormant state.

If that doesn't work I would hard reset and do a *22899 again before loading any apps.
    Last edited by coolsilver; 11-16-2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless