+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New on Ebay

New on Ebay

Seems to be a flood of these on Ebay going for just over 120$ new!

I just got one from mobileliquidations on ebay. it was $130 buy it now and best offer and free shipping. I offered 100 and it was instantly accepted. It also included a bluetooth headset and was entirely new in the packaging:including wall charger, usb cable, standard and extended battery. and phone. as far as the mandatory data plan goes: i picked pay per kb and disabled the data connection. however the only downfall is i can't recieve mms when its disabled.

see my other thread: No data usage..

nurd
    you can always port over to Page Plus, they are a pre paid dealer operating on verizons network. for $30/month you get 1200 mins , 1200 text and 50 mgb of data to use w/ browsing or mms. I switched over couple of months ago and love it, saved over $50 a month on my old AC family plan and now I get to use the 3g without fear of huge pay per kb charges.

How's there service? Since they're on Verizon's network it should be pretty good, right?

Sounds like a great way to go? any drawbacks to switching?

I'm getting ready to switch... The only down side I can see is there is an additional charge for MMS messages on some plans. Oh and you don't get to by the PDA phones at a subsidized price. Their selection is pretty basic.
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

What are you charged when you go over the 50mb? Does it warn your or shut off? Do they start charging you up the wazoo per kb?
    Using 3G with no fear would be great, but that stuff scares me.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Service is same as w/ vzw, mms counts against your data not the 1200 text, and the $ if you go over is .60/mb. you get the data shut off if you don't have $ in your account to cover the 60 cents a mb. so far I have been on this plan for 3 weeks and w/ light browsing(news and weather) checking gmail every 10 min I have only used less than 20 mb. the only down fall I have heard of is their CS isn't all that great but they are understaffed and being swarmed w/ new customers. I ported my # online and had no problems. here is the plan Talk n Text Monthly Plan | Prepaid Talk n Text Plan
    and here is a fourm dedicated to page plus that offers a lot of insight.
    http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plan...play.php?f=364
    as for phones you can use just about any pda cdma phone you just don't get the discounts associated w/ verizon.
    Last edited by bell boy; 11-20-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks for the info bellboy... Check you link to the Pageplus thread on Howard forums. It got cut and pasted with Pagelus site... here's where I think you want us to go:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Page Plus Cellular

Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 11-22-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by MGuzzy View Post
    Thanks for the info bellboy... Check you link to the Pageplus thread on Howard forums. It got cut and pasted with Pagelus site... here's where I think you want us to go:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Page Plus Cellular

Mark
    yup that is what I meant

I got my phone for $70(the refurbished one). It was not used and in the refurbished white box... Look for the "best offers"... When I offered $70 for it, the buy it now price was $120.

This eBay seller has "new" i760's (warning)

Recently, I made an impulse maximum bid on one of the many i760's that eBay user ("zinny631") was selling that day (he had like 50+ units for sale), but I didn't expect to win it.

Even though his Feedback doesn't seem to reflect it, there were a few people who were honest about the condition of the item they received.

Here's the false claims that I feel he's making in his auctions, as they pertain to the unit I received...

1. Main title says i760 is "NEW"
    - screen was only thing that looked new'ish
    2. "Item condition: New, Never Opened"
    - false

From Description...
    3. "In New Condition..."
    - mine was not even "like new"
    4. "Original Wall Charger"
    - false, received 3rd party cheapo that barely fit into phone
    5. "B stock EXTENDED BATTERY...FREE
    - he recently added the "B stock" part, but this was not mentioned in my auction
    6. "Samsung i760...will come to you in pefect condition...phone is deffinatly a 10"
    - false
    7. "Warranty: Full 1-year Manufacturers"
    - No Samsung documentation included on this and seller admitted warranty is actually his own 1-year store warranty (but this is NOT mentioned anywhere). and he also sends you SquareTrade Warranty offers, too.

From Return Policy & Guarantee
    8. "1-Year Manufacturers Warranty"
    - repeated again, but false
    9. Recently added section attempting to explain his 30-day exchange-only policy, no refunds
    - this was NOT present in my auction
    10. Also recently added a Battery Policy
    - there was no battery policy in my auction
    11. "Extended Battery is No Longer Included"
    - still printed in small print at very end of the auction, though mine surprisingly DID come with a B-stock extended battery

The seller will attempt to make you happy if you contact him repeatedly, but make sure you do it within the 30-days, and make sure to press him on the 1-year Samsung warranty issue. Or just go with the SquareTrade option for your own safety. Either way, beware.
    Palm V...Kyocera 6035...7135...Samsung i700...i600...i730...UTS xv6700...Samsung i760...HTC Touch Pro2...iPhone 4s