+ Reply to Thread

Possible to Netwok with computer for music?

Currently im using remote destop with my laptop to control the music at school events but it's rather difficult because of the delay with remote desktop and the size... I'm wonderng if theres a way to netwok my PDA with my laptop using WiFi and use windows media player on the PDA to send sound to my laptop then to the sound system. Or if theres an easier way i would very much appreicate any help. Thanks.

What an interesting capability this would be - perhaps for my K classroom or at home when not sitting at the computer driving the speakers. Won't get a chance to test it today...
    Jonathan

a great program is netremote by Promixis. it allows you to control you pc via you pda. including media center.

I'm not sure if this is the only one, but I know there are free programs to control WinAmp on your PC remotely. (I like to find the free alternatives) This one looks quite good:

~ Media Remote
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I found one called Gremote from Freeware for Pocket PC. Free Windows Mobile Pocket PC / PPC downloads. its free and can control the pc. it includes a touchpad mouse, keyboard and media controls. works great over wifi or bluetooth PAN. it mentions a g-sensor in the description, but it is not required.