+ Reply to Thread

PS. "I Love You Sammy"

Last week I jumped ship and upgraded to the new Omnia2. I had been waiting for this phone for months, and Verizon - in typical fashion - seemed to just keep putting off, putting off the release. First day (12/2) available I ordered it and spent the next 24 hours trying to load some of my junk from the I-760.

First, there were lots of things that simply don't work yet with WinMo 6.5. I was amazed at how many I would have to wait for upgrades on or simply say goodbye to them.

Then I started noticing the instability of this machine. Two or three times a day it would freeze, and then last night it failed to hold an idle charge for even 12 hours!

Here's what I missed the most from the I-760...
    No D-Pad is a killer. I didn't think it would be, but MAN do I use it constantly to scroll through stuff.
    I was hoping to learn how to use the keyboard, but not having a slide-out is definately a deal breaker.
    and a million little things that were driving me nuts.
    Bottom line... I love you Sammy (I-760). I'm sorry I doubted you. It was the glamor and glitz and thrill of the moment. I'm back!!!! And, not in the Tiger Woods kind of way, but back.

Maybe you've thought of ditching our sweetie like me. Talk to me! I want to help you not make a mistake
    CurtisZZZ

As much as I love my i760, I'm a tech-nerd and need something new to tinker with. My i760 is setup perfectly (for me), and now I'm bored and need something new to tinker with. I made it easy for the wife this year for xmas and told her to pick me up an O2. I haven't heard of any of the issues you mentioned above on the Verizon/Hofo board so I wonder if some of the programs you installed may not have played nicely with the O2.

2ksilverbullet lol I'm with you. On one hand - my i760 does everything I want/need. I've tweaked it and found just the right application for each purpose so there's no reason to go anywhere. At the same time - yeah I enjoy the tweaking and getting it to do what I want how I want.

I'm the same way with my laptops. I enjoy getting them setup with Linux and getting all the setting right and correcting any issues, but once they are all up and running I feel like wiping the HD and starting over.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

Again...
    Losing the D-Pad
    Charger on the side (won't fit in car cradle)
    No more docking when at the office or at home
    terrible battery life
    tiny keyboard (very hard to type on)
    I find it so much easier to navigate using a D-Pad than thefinger friendly crap thats out there.

I know what you mean about wanting to explore with other new stuff, but this wasn't worth it to me.
    CurtisZZZ

I was a long time 760 user/lover and was itching for something new and drooling over the Imagio because I was tired of waiting for O2 to come out. Then my 760 died and (long story, but) Assuion replaced it with a TP2 and I love this phone. This is a like a 760 on steroids. I do miss the dpad a little, but I had added a touch screen keyboard replacement from Cootek that has dedicated arrow keys andof course there are arrow keys on the physicall keyboard. With the 3.6" screen it has all the glamour of the touch only phones but the all practicality of our loved 760s with its keyboard.

Not all who wander are lost Thayer's Avatar
    add swype. I don't slide out the keyboard anymore. I go from swype to my Igo foldout.
    Everything I needed to know in life I learned from an internet forum.

I made the jump to the O2 last week, haven't looked back. My i760 treated me great, just need more to tinker with!