+ Reply to Thread

Verizon > Windows Media Player > Locked < Help?

Okay yea I have a Verizon branded Samsung SCH-i760 With WinMo 6.1 on.. Now it'll update my library and pick up files on my MicroSD Card then update it.. But I can't view the files in the library theres not even an option to switch to my MicroSD Card (Storage Card) or sometimes if not most of the time it'll only show certain artists and albums (always the same ones) is there a way to unlock this feature as I think it could be verizon's doing and not WinMo doing..

Specs:
    16 MicroSD
    5Gb's of Music

WMP # of Artists Shown on Card - 5
    # Number of On Card in My Music folder inside of My Documents folder - a great of more than "5" at least 25 to 30

WMP Version 10.3 B 19202

I don't use Windows Media Player on my i760 but.....

Once you open WMP on the top left you will see the word "Library" with a magnifying glass next to it. If you click on that there should be a sub menu with 2 options, "My Device" and "Storage Card". You should be able to change that to "Storage card".

As far as the album cover art, WMP will not show art embedded into the MP3 tag. You will need to have external art as a file called album.jpg. The best way to do this is with a folder for all the files that share the same cover art. In other words, lets say you have all the mp3's of Pink Floyds album Dark Side of The Moon. Create a folder called "Pink Floyd". In that folder create a subfolder called "Dark Side Of The Moon". In that folder put all the mp3's for that album plus one jpg file of the album cover called album.jpg

I would seriously look into finding a replacement for WMP. There is almost no stock applications that aren't done better by other people.

See this older thread - Can media be configured to show album art?

I would take a good look at:

GSPlayer - GS Player - PocketPCFreeware : GSPlayer 2.29
    MortPlayer - PocketPCFreeware : MortPlayer 3.31 b77
    S2P - PocketPCFreeware : S2P (Slide To Play) 0.58
    Nitrogen - PocketPCFreeware : Microfi Nitrogen 1.2 Alpha 4

I'm a big fan of MortPlayer, but for playing music S2P or Nitrogen (which is an updated GSPlayer) may be your best bet (plus they are newer and are being updated currently)

Any suggestions I'm missing - there's an HTC player as well iirc.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I'm a fan of MortPlayer, I've had it since I had my i760 and have found no reason to use another music player.

If you willing to fork over a few bucks Kinoma and ConduitsPocketPlayer are both very good. Kinoma has a free cripled version too.

Administrator
    pocket player is GREAT! GS player is clean, small footprint and works great as well. there are skins you can get for it. those are two rock solid apps i have been using for a few years...

I've got Pocket Player.. It's just annoying that WMP does this, and yes I do select Storage Card2 from the Library menu..
    Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 12-16-2009 at 01:55 PM.