+ Reply to Thread

Internet Explorer Display Issues

Good morning!

I am new (obviously) - I was given this phone as a gift, and it is not yet activated. My plan will go into effect on Monday, however I have been using the Wifi feature to get a feel for the browser ect.

Anyway, i spend a lot of time using PayPal (I run an eBay store) - With my current phone (LG Envy Touch) I have no problems displaying PayPal, or any other site for that matter. When i go to these sites using Windows Mobile 6 and IE, it gets all jumbled up and I can't read anything...

Is there any sort of update that will fix this? I like this phone a lot compared tot he Envy, but if I can't use PayPal or Ebay...I might as well not pay the extra 20 bucks a month...

First you should update to Windows Mobile 6.1.

Then you should try another browser like Opera Mini of Skyfire.

I just checked, and I do have 6.1. So I should download a different browser? Are they free?

Quote Originally Posted by Fannatick View Post
    First you should update to Windows Mobile 6.1.

Then you should try another browser like Opera Mini of Skyfire.
    DEFINITELY! And yes, they are both free.

Skyfire - well is at skyfire.com

for Opera Mini I recommend using the either one I link to here - Opera Mini 5 beta
    I am loving the 5.2 version (second link).

The extent to which either of these is superior to the included IE is immeasurable . It's really a shame M$ can't come up with a decent mobile browser. It's really one of the things that is most attractive about other mobile Operating Systems. These two free options work due to the fact that the pages are rendered on their servers and then broadcast to your phone.

Microsoft had a cool Skyfirish browser in the works a while ago that I was running called *something*fish. Anyone remember this?
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I just installed Opera, and it works great. Displays everything awesome...BUT...

I had to install the Java thing first. I did that, and now I'm trying to make it so the Opera Mini is the Softkey...But my phone wont connect to my PC anymore!?!?!?!?!

NM, I got it. Sweeeet. Thanks for the input man. Thats why Forums are the first place I go

NP - if it's working for you then super, but if you installed the version I linked to (4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download 2009QVGAJavaAndOperaMini5Beta2.cab) the installer (.cab) comes with java and signs the application as a trusted program (so you don't have to constantly tell your phone that you do in fact want to use Opera Mini) and it makes a shortcut in the programs menu. This would allow you to set it as the Soft Key application.

Try Skyfire too - just install it to your SD card or whatever. Not as fast and snappy as Opera, but it will display flash i.e. flah videos etc. It's nice to have, but Opera Mini wins hands down for basic browsing.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur