+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sirius apps?

Sirius apps?

I miss listening to Sirius with C-ApiSRO on my i760 ever since Sirius made a change to its web service and C-ApiSRO no longer works. I also tried SiriusWM5 and SiriusWM6 but those don't work either. I found an app called SXRadio2 but that never gets past the loading channels screen. Are there any free Sirius apps that work?

There was the terrific one that was working before the change - can't remember the name, but it was shut down by Sirius. *StarPlayr

MORONS. They have continually cheesed me off. I refused to pay extra for the web streaming so I don't have that option anymore (tbh Pandora and Last.fm do just fine for me)

I'm pretty sure they block anything unofficial now. Have you tried just using the Sirius site via Skyfire?
    Last edited by luca_bras1; 01-12-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

What issues are you having with WM6? I listen on it all day with no issues (different phone but should still work for you). I bet if you posted your issue over at geekstoolbox, tbusch (WM6 creator/modifier) would be willing to help.

It does suck to have to pay for web access with Sirius now, but I figure if I'm paying $30/ month for data, I'm gonna stream away!

Not to get off topic - but yeah that really grinds my gears. The fact that Sirius included online streaming in the subscription price was honestly the thing that pushed me off the fence onto their side. Without it - it is about 33% less useful.

So you use that same application and it works for you or do you use something else? I think if I ever paid for the streaming again I'd need to know it would work on my phone.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

I hate to pay for it too, because as minimal as it is, these small costs add up. The programming really doesn't get any better though so I digress. I don't even have a preset for am/fm radio on anything I own, nor do I even know what the local radio stations are. I have Sirius in my truck, and if I feel like listening to Pandora in the truck off my phone, I just hook up the adapter and let it play. Not to mention the fact that I can take my portable unit up to my hunting camp (which is in the northern PA sticks, no cell phone coverage,water, etc), throw the antenna on the roof and hear the same stations I listen to on a regular basis.

Anyways, I'm veering completely off topic, sorry for the derailment marioval!

I'm using the standard SiriusWM6 app that's over there at geekstoolbox. I did have to upgrade recently as an older version stopped connecting. So if you haven't tried it in a while, download the most recent one. Tcbusch has done some nice work on it, (logo's/artist work, fav channels, etc). I didn't have to add anything extra, same install as the old SiriusWM5.

Sirius Radio Fix

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I miss listening to Sirius with C-ApiSRO on my i760 ever since Sirius made a change to its web service and C-ApiSRO no longer works. I also tried SiriusWM5 and SiriusWM6 but those don't work either. I found an app called SXRadio2 but that never gets past the loading channels screen. Are there any free Sirius apps that work?

Hi marioval,

I had same problem and found solution. As long as you are paying for sirius internet radio this will work and you don't even have to enter those strange letters. If this doesn't work you might want to consider a hard reset. Just PM me and include your email and I will send you the CAB.
    It's better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.